What's new

the glorious squid double barrel revamp thread

vapesmarter

Mod Maker
@WaitFor1t88 sent me a message he had fallen out of love with his squid he was going to sell it on but he asked me to do a revamp thing

so here it is as he sent it

he had already changed the appearance with what looked like an acrylic colour but it started to chip, I'm not surprised at this

IMG_7946.jpg

IMG_7952.jpg

so I'm going to strip the mod I've taken the board button off and it's in "monkey" now "monkey is a catch-all phrase we use for either appearance or use as in

"dam this nuts proper tight pass me the monkey" = spray with penetrating oil
"I've got to strip that wood down have you got some monkey" = paint on paint stripper
"the drains blocked chuck in super monkey" = super monkey is industrial acid drain killer method is take top off throw bottle near drain so the solution goes in....and run...its nasty stuff

so the mods in "monkey" I've got to be careful as if left to long it will burn

IMG_7955.jpg

so I've knocked back with a heavy stitch mop I can't go to hard as this will take the nickel plate off, nickel is very hard but it is only microns thick, under it is copper plate, the mod is an alloy

IMG_7956.jpg

it's now been cleaned and reassembled but it needs another pass with an ultra-fine finish polish the method is all mops at different speeds but remember each pass removes product as in taking the surface away so there is a point I have to stop to much and it's shot (pun intended)

IMG_7959.jpg

done

under magnification there are tiny scratches the plating although good is not perfect in an ideal world I would acid strip de nickel, re-polish and then nickel silver or hard gold plate the mod, I'm surprised they never did this originally

next time

sting

september

petronas & kuala

sunset

love my mods then like them buy one

Brilliant job! Never knew popping some muller light yoghurt on a paint job would strip it like that ;)

Excited to see more of sting

Brilliant job! Never knew popping some muller light yoghurt on a paint job would strip it like that ;)

Excited to see more of sting

well I'm not sure I will showcase sting he has no owner I may stick him straight in the for sale section or float him elsewhere

Back
Top Bottom