What's new

The 3d printing thread

Quite possible. Only have blue and black atm, peps1 may have more colours..

I only have Pink, Purple and Grey in ABS.

Got a few more colours of PETG plastic coming this week, but I have not tested how suitable that is for vape gear yet. Its has a similar heat property as ABS but is a little more flexible (so, not sure if it's any good for an enclosure, or just battery sledges).

Some info here for anyone into this kind of thing!
3D Prima - 3D-Prima PETG Filament - 1.75mm - 1 kg spool - White

Out of interest, what Infill %, Shell thickness and Layer Hight did you use on this print?

Infill - 20%, 3 Shells 0.2mm layer height. 5 solid layers on the bottom with a Skirt and Ooze shield used. Bed at 115 for the first 2 layers dropping to 100 after, extruder at 225..

ax loving that AX MOD logo, sir!

Untitled-1.jpg

Last edited:
So I left the 3D printer running last night... looked like it was running fine. This morning instead of having a nice box that I can drop parts into, I come down to this.. gg 3D printer, gg. That'll be me printing another layer fan assembly and bathing the Nozzle and Hot End in Acetone.

Attachments

• 1439617268594.jpg
    1439617268594.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 232
So I left the 3D printer running last night... looked like it was running fine. This morning instead of having a nice box that I can drop parts into, I come down to this.. gg 3D printer, gg. That'll be me printing another layer fan assembly and bathing the Nozzle and Hot End in Acetone.

Brutal, warped and stuck to the nozzle, or was the fan assembly PLA and melted at ABS print temps?

Back
Top Bottom