What's new

The 3d printing thread

I've bought my son* one of these prusa clone jobbies for Christmas. I can't wait to get it built and have a play.

* Yes ok, I bought it for myself really. But don't tell the wife!

Just out of interest what program are you guys using to do your 3D modelling ?

Well we are up and running and I'm really surprised how good it is! Had a few teething problems but nothing major. We've done a few calibration cubes, a filament feed bracket and we are now printing a robot :D I've still gone and ordered the titan extruder and upgraded hotend kit cos if you've got - pimp it!

Hi mrmoo, for most stuff i'm using sketchup for the design, but for alot of printers you'll need to download an .obj exporter plugin and then run it through meshlab to convert it to a .stl file which will run in most printers, all free programs, sounds like a pain, but doesn't take long when you've done it a few times (p.s then i use replicatorG to do the final build file for the printer into a .x3g file)

'Scuse the crap photo, my phone died on me! It's a bit liney and the hinges have fused but still not bad for day 1 printing :)

Just out of interest what program are you guys using to do your 3D modelling ?

I use FreeCAD exclusively. Took a bit of getting used to but as a Linux User it's about the best Open Source CAD program out there.

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but would anyone be or is currently printing this sort of thing
http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:434381

Would love to get hold of one
Cheers Jon

Drop it through the Sledz UK Printing service page, I'm happy to sort that for you.

Back
Top Bottom