What's new

SX350J Box Mod Idea

A lot of people are going to say its a zero mod rip and I can agree to some degree. The zero mod design is really cleaver and I'm pretty impressed with it. My mod will be made using different materials and the body will be made out of machined billet aluminium instead of flat bar that has been bent like the zero mod. Using flat bar is really cleaver as you get minimal martial waste and it is really cheap, so why use billet block of aluminium that is way more expensive and it takes a lot longer time to machine? On the face of the mod I want rounded edges and I like standing at the mill :)

I also wanted to use a FDV 510 and a battery holder so its easy to swap batteries + if anything breaks its easy to swap out components.

For the firing button I was thinking of using SS fake earring studs and a tactile switch, same thing for the wattage buttons but Ill use the tact switches on the SX350J chip.

Don't really have any good ideas on how to make the cover yet, Ill have to experiment a little to see what will work.

I don't have SX350 mini or a SX350J chip yet so I don't have the real dimensions so some changes might have to made. Because everything is on the chip like the usb and buttons its going to be hard to machine the body so all the cutout holes lineup with the chip.

Like to hear what everybody thinks and what improvements that cold be made.

Wattage buttons are wrong in this rendering.
EDs6OOY.png

ab6cB8p.png

7qe84I8.png

QZ2hCMw.png

9cr9KyC.png

41ohsNI.png

pllPNjV.png

Would seriously buy one of these

Sent from my iPhone using Planet of the Vapes

Actually the mould idea would probably work for metal covers too, just create the U shaped mould and use a strong bar to press the metal plate down into the mould...

I have a SX350 Mini board, may I be of assistance ???? ;)

Oh .... might as well ....

1. 5miley

Forgot to mention that my SX Mini board looks like this

No onboard buttons
USB is off board
This is the plain Jane 350 NOT the 350J

Back
Top Bottom