What's new

SX350 Logo Change Tutorial

adjam1972

Mod Maker
SX350 60w upgrade and Logo Change.

This is a process that I have performed on my own SX350 40w chip. I have been asked several times how I did it so I thought I’d put up a quick tutorial with all the steps and relevant Links.

Upgrading to 60w v2.6 using YIHI standard sxi file.

1: Download the YiHi User Interface. Download - SXI Driver 20140808

This rar file will contain two files,
YiHi SXi Setup-v20140808-60w.msi – this is the file that will install the user interface software onto your PC.
SX350_OldBoot_60W_YH_Logo-20140808-v2.3.SXI – this is an upgrade file but we will be using a newer version.

Extract these files to a location for use in step 2.

2: Install the YiHi User Interface. YiHi SXi Setup-v20140808-60w.msi

3: Download the upgrade file.Download - Upgrade Software for SX350 50W or 60W

This file will contain the v2.6 upgrade file

Yihiecigar SX350 60W Upgrade Software_YH_Logo_60W_20141202_V2.6.SXI.

This is the upgrade file that we will be using in this walkthrough. Extract to a location ready for step 9.

4: The first time you upgrade the yihi software you will need to remove the battery from your device. It won't upgrade unless you do this.

5: Open the YiHi Program installed in step 2

6: Connect your device by USB

7: Click Connection, Install Driver and select SX350.

8: Once installed, click connect! The software should now show Connected.

9: Click Return and then Click on Upgrade. Click Open File and select the update file (SELECT THE FILE SAVED IN STEP 3). After doing so, click Upgrade

10: After upgrading successfully, you must reset your chip. Disconnect the battery or use "Link" to reset the chip (1. Press the fire button down & keep 5 seconds to read the version information. 2. Press 5 times quickly to start up the chip. 3. Go to "Link" and tilt right & keep 5 seconds until the screen turn black. If unplug the USB, chip will start up automatically.)

Changing default Logo’s

1: Watch the video on how to change the default Logo’s and ansi messages. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CI5XEm7NL60

2: Download the Logo changer software from the link in the youtube video or direct from here.https://www.dropbox.com/s/3jsvzwh2a99w68t/SX350_Logo_Changer_Release.zip

3: the zip file that you download will contain several files. Extract all files to a location for the next steps.

4: Open the Logo changer software file sx350 logo changer.exe.

5: IMPORTANT. You must open the .data file that corresponds to the firmware version that you have installed on your chip. For the purpose of this walkthrough that will be 60w_V2.6.data.

6: You can now change your Logos as per the youtube video. Note that the main YH boot logo cannot be changed. You can scroll through the changeable logos using the scroll bar at the bottom.

7: You can either manually change the logo’s or load them from .png files that are64x48 black and white. Some of my logo files can be found here for free. https://db.tt/0Goh1Uu5

8: You can also change the ansi messages to whatever you want (character number limit applies).

9: Once you are totally happy with the alterations you can now save the changes to an SXI file. Be aware once you have saved the SXI file it cannot be edited, you can only start from scratch.

10: You are now ready to flash your chip with the updated sxi file.

Note that as you have already upgraded the firmware you no longer need to remove your battery but can instead use the LINK option on your chip. Connect your USB lead to the SX350, go to LINK in the sx350 menu and tilting right until screen goes blank. Open the SXI software on your PC then open Connections and press Connect. The software should now show connected.

11: Follow steps 9 & 10 from the upgrade procedure.

Once you have reset the chip you should now be running at 60w with your own custom logos.

Enjoy

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom