What's new

Super easy itaste VV cosmetic mod

emba

Postman
not really an indepth mod or one with big changes to the original style but it actually looks very nice (ill post pics very soon)

while disassembling the broken itaste vv from a friend i noticed a scratch or two and behind it was a gold looking colour, so it was out with the wet and dry, sadly the best i had was 180 grit, id have preferred a 240 or even 480 to smooth it out a bit more so for now lets call it a work in progress.

so i popped the end caps off and got to sanding it down, i thought the gold colour may be just some sort of undercoat but its not, its a lovely gold coloured metal and sanded down at that level looks like a brushed gold zippo, i havent done the extra chrome bits yet as it looks so good with the silver but the chrome bits sand down to what looks like copper which could look pretty damn sweet too.

all this is purely aesthetic but if you want a nice different look to your VV you could do worse than getting the sandpaper out

edit

sadly the pics dont really do justice to how good it does actually look (phone cameras just arent that great) but they should give you a nice idea

itastegold.jpg
itasteclose.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom