What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

steelpunk slug mech wood and brass revamp for @rawhead

vapesmarter

Mod Maker
this is a steel punk slug that our fellow ape @rawhead sent me

its a normal mech mod with a crappy 510 that had failed it also had a crappy trigger spring and a plastic bottom cap he needs these items fixed

so in between jobs I did a revamp

I suspect judging by the specs the slug even though it is said to be a clone is, in fact, the real deal but has had some crappy parts so they can reduce the costs and sell off the surplus just a theory....

on the DVD whilst doing this was

"payback"

[Porter is asking Rosie about Resnick's whereabouts]
Rosie: How strong are you, Porter? Personally, I think you are the strongest man I have ever met. But I wonder if it's enough.
Porter: For what?
Rosie: If I know you, you want this Resnick guy for something he won't like.
Porter: Yeah, I'm gonna kill him.
Rosie: That's something he won't like.

IMG_3837.JPG

so first thing is to junk that crappy plastic 510 and fit a spring-loaded fat daddy brass one milled out the hole lathed off a few thou so it fits flat

IMG_3838.JPG

pre-polished parts the caps are cast pieces then buy the looks of it are shaped/milled to fit the wood I thought at first was teak but it looks to be mahogany which in its self is not cheap stuff all the parts need a polish to bring them up not your Brasso type a real polish on mop sateen first then grease then rouge to give us

IMG_3839.JPG

IMG_3840.JPG

I would have polished to a mirror finish but I saw a problem the mod is numbered "203" and is engraved on the front so why engrave a clone? to hit it harder on the mop would remove or "drag the engraving

4000 grit on the wood then waxed with beeswax and buffed up

I provided 2 springs, a soft and a hard the mod hits quite hard now and any tank will fit

however, the plastic battery cap I couldn't fix it is an oddball size it looks like its inches with a metric thread but in time i will have the kit to do this

so there you have it a slug revamp....done

so if you love my mods then like them follow me.....buy one

@rawhead your mod is ready to come home

@rawhead. I want it back now. Only joking, really pleased it will be usable once more. It's looking really good now thanks to Stu. Enjoy .

Back
Top Bottom