What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Stabwood hybrid block progression piccies

I use various resins but it depends on the wood the age how dry it is, I may soak for weeks or put under a vacuum at some stage it all depends on the wood at the end of the day each wood is different some I will not use any foreign rare or rainforest is a no-no me and @Smoggy are the same if you cut a tree down that's rare or will devastate that area you should stand underneath it when it's coming down

oh ok thanks, so you dont use cactus juice or similar then to stabilise the wood as such then, just set in epoxy resin?

oh ok thanks, so you dont use cactus juice or similar then to stabilise the wood as such then, just set in epoxy resin?

yes i do but cactus juice is a makers name not the resin name

there about 4 resins that can be used, I do not just dump it in sort of thing the process is a simple one but getting the right one costs a lot of money as do the colours which i either make myself or get made.... the resin everyone goes to is aluminate for me its ok but I tried it was ok' ish but that was so 2017 I now have a resin I like but that's changing as well

I'm being cagey I know but it took me 2 grand and a lot of taking your knackered resin down the tip to perfect

yes i do but cactus juice is a makers name not the resin name

there about 4 resins that can be used, I do not just dump it in sort of thing the process is a simple one but getting the right one costs a lot of money as do the colours which i either make myself or get made.... the resin everyone goes to is aluminate for me its ok but I tried it was ok' ish but that was so 2017 I now have a resin I like but that's changing as well

I'm being cagey I know but it took me 2 grand and a lot of taking your knackered resin down the tip to perfect

yeah cactus is a particular stabalising resin, used for hardening wood among other things, makes certain woods easier to turn, then other forms of resin are usually used to set the newly stab wood in for the hybrid stab wood blocks

as long as you have what works for you

What is the block made out of that the wood is set in? Do you ever worry that the wood will come out of it? It's beautiful!! How the heck did it get together like that?? Can't wait to see your finished piece ..

Block making is hard work I have a video showing how I do it but thought after 3 years and loads of money spent why should I show just so someone can copy and go I made this and get the credit

But the answer is if you smashed the mod to bits with a hammer the wood won’t come out it’s part of the mod

Lots of people use dyed wood I think it’s a cop out as all it is, is bad wood dumped in dye and cooked off the customer doesn’t know if it stabwood wood banana wood or a pallet,

Plus I’ve seen wraps on mods that look so good you would think it’s stabwood

It a nasty world where money is king

Back
Top Bottom