What's new

Stabilised Tools

Slanger

Achiever
Well not quite just wondering if any one has suggestions for tools for people with spasms / shakes etc.

For example went to punch a dimple in copper and yep spasmed and slammed the hammer into side of my thumb.

Went to solder and yep spasmed and burn fingers. It seems worse when I concentrate.

Just wondered if anyone had tips, or wonderful go-go gadget tool belt.

For example went to punch a dimple in copper and yep spasmed and slammed the hammer into side of my thumb.
Sounds like you need some dimple pliers, like these https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FLAT-JAW...JEWELRY-FORMING-BENDING-RIVETING/252236817086

They're available with different size dimples -- 3, 5 and 7mm; these are the largest:
s-l300.jpg

Sorry can't help with owt else. Calling Inspector Gadget! [emoji4]
images

@Mr Numpty great idea for the soldering and that also gave a suggested item that looks useful for other things too.

Cut resistant gloves which I will post here for others also.

Ok any suggestions on getting tidy bends such as right angles in copper sheets.

Sorry I can't help with suggestions.

I just wanted to say I thought this thread was going to be about coil building tools with stabilised wood handles.

@simong LOL I did think that after I posted but coming from a photographic background that wasn't my first thought, saying that you cant beat a lovely crafted tool. At least I can admire its beauty milliseconds before it slams home into my fingers.

Back
Top Bottom