What's new

ss rope wick

A stupid question

After boiling my cable and torching the thing till it turned white,I am looking at the cable and it looks like its all rusty,is this right.This is what I got from eBay
3F86C065-D069-4663-9AE7-290A043CE42A-22478-00000A71B96994B2.jpg

Hope the picture works

yep mine did same looks like old bike cable

my advise stick with a proper vaping vendor with this stuff. you paid £1.69 a Mtr when its £1.10 off a well know company mate lol http://www.vape-atomizer-mesh.com/products/Wire-Cable-Rope.html

are you sue that stuff is not galvanized

There are apparently 2 tests you could run
1) saline solution - non galvanized rope will rust within 24h
2) when burning galvanized wire rope, it will release white smoke and smell incredible bad, wire welders wear special masks because welding galvanized steel release toxic fumes
carl

Last edited:
my advise stick with a proper vaping vendor with this stuff. you paid £1.69 a Mtr when its £1.10 off a well know company mate lol http://www.vape-atomizer-mesh.com/products/Wire-Cable-Rope.html

are you sue that stuff is not galvanized

There are apparently 2 tests you could run
1) saline solution - non galvanized rope will rust within 24h
2) when burning galvanized wire rope, it will release white smoke and smell incredible bad, wire welders wear special masks because welding galvanized steel release toxic fumes
carl

Going to get rid of what I have and order some more from the link you provided,thank you

Here is a before and after boiling and torching
EF7A6971-DAC1-4422-934C-B3063FE5568D-23167-00000AB2AA1941FC.jpg

E829C625-CB65-4C82-B1EE-D5F1DD6E6101-23167-00000AB2B0F04DC6.jpg

Think it might be a safe option to get rid and try from a known source

316 Grade Very cheap here : http://www.securefixdirect.com/stainless-steel-wire-rope-513-c.asp I boil the rope then steep in Isopropyl overnight then another quick boil for final clean, 2 wraps of SS mesh at the top lightly torched (blueish grey) then 0.3 kanthal ribbon coil, I used 2.5mm 7x19 for the AGA-T2, 2.0mm 7x7 for 2.5ml C-Clone & 1.0mm 7x7 U-rope hybrid braided wick for 3.5ml C-Clone, end result is very good flavour with no carbon discolouring the juice. now if I could only work out why I can't upload photos without changing my browser as asked to try by support ticket.

Last edited:
incoming stupid question about the rope, i havnt even asked yet and im genuinely hanging my head in shame right now.

set up a rope wick , ive used it a couple of times before and its stonking, but ive been dripping recently and ignored my genies .
Went back to it today , set up a new wick and it is really struggling to wick. dry hits to bring tears your your eyes. any ideas wtf im doing wrong?

or should i just go buy a pack of ciggies as this is clearly too advanced for an idiot like myself? should i go get the snip because id be doing the world a disservice by unleasing a smaller version of myself on the population? or can i redeem myself with a simple " dont do this in future , try this"

Back
Top Bottom