What's new

ss rope wick

daleson

Achiever
Hi all...I made 1 of them ss rope wicks today and works really well ...I used a 2mm wire rope 7x19 .Put a small piece of mesh just at top were i added a 0.32 coil 3 wraps gave me a 0.7ohms reading so had to bang it on lavatube as tesla or vamo wont run it. And fired it up works great loads of vapour just gonna give it a couple of days to wear in

Just ordered some 7x7 and 7x19 in 1.5, 2.0. and for the gaping wound atties, 2.5mm...of course, I don't have anything to cut them with. I'll use me teeth.

So, just when to the local hardware store, one of those places run by a couple in their late hundreds, items from the seventies laying in fading buckets, and they didn't have any wire cutters in, but I did buy this, don't need it, but you know:

IMAG0723.jpg

lol ....I used bolt croppers to cut mine as i dont have wire cutters either

Speaking of the lavatube, the first mod I ever purchased, it is the only non-mech mod that I have kept, I only really use it to check the ohms on my rebuildables, but whilst doing so I'll have a quick vape, and it really does go places other, well, safe and reliable more accurate devices with all the whistles and bells and variable wattages won't go, and it looks like a cylon. One-and-a-half mutant thumbs up.

got a small piece coming from a pal to try :), I saw todd review on it seems to work well

carl

it does wick realy well.....But you can taste the ss for a while untill it wears in....Or and 1 other thing the wick goes diss coloured quite quick

Last edited:
it does wick realy well.....But you can taste the ss for a while untill it wears in

did you boil it or burn it mate, Ive read ppl do one or the other, thinking burn the living day lights out of it lol

carl

Back
Top Bottom