What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Soldering kit

mattvapes1976

Postman
So my soldering iron has died , and to be honest I need something more precise anyway . I'd love any recommendations on an affordable precision soldering kit - plus maybe where I can find those octopus grabby arm things ? I don't have enough hands and pliers to solder effectively ! Haha

Many thanks chaps !

Matt

Was in the same situation as you a couple days back, so have this stuff fresh in my mind. Are you looking to make the helping hands yourself with the hoses or buy one complete.
I know hobbyking stock the turnigy one, but is eu warehouse iirc.

Iron depends on budget. Is one of those items where price does seem to relate closely to quality.

For a lower price the 898d+ seems to be often recommended. Amongst other chineese clone stations, hakko copies etc... seem more than adequate for diy use.

Other options like hakko/weller/ersa are obviously a fair bit more.

Metcal are a good brand, although there cheapest option I think is around 100 but it auto adjusts heat depending what your soldering against

Was in the same situation as you a couple days back, so have this stuff fresh in my mind. Are you looking to make the helping hands yourself with the hoses or buy one complete.
I know hobbyking stock the turnigy one, but is eu warehouse iirc.

Iron depends on budget. Is one of those items where price does seem to relate closely to quality.

For a lower price the 898d+ seems to be often recommended. Amongst other chineese clone stations, hakko copies etc... seem more than adequate for diy use.

Other options like hakko/weller/ersa are obviously a fair bit more.

I'll buy one complete to be honest , less faffing is definitely my motto ;)

I purchased a cheap variable temp unit on ebay shipped from China. I had my suspicions but it works quite well. I do not leave it unattended however. I've used quite expensive soldering stations in the past which are much better. But for smaller hobbiest stuff the cheap ones work fine.

Back
Top Bottom