What's new

Silica wick question

ocd13

Vape Expert @ LeisureLiquids
Just a quick question.

After watching a few video tutorials for building wicks and coils for my Igo-L I have noticed the silica wick used in some of them looks like its woven rather than
the twisted variety like I have have received on the few occasions I have bought it.
It looks much better quality and much less prone to falling apart and fraying.
Does anybody know where this can be purchased from?

Thanks

Ant

Ive had some woven it came from a length of 10 mm and you unravel it you can get it from good plumbers merchants
its not any better than normal silica though in my opinion

Thanks for that :) Cant believe the times I have used ecigwizard and never noticed lol

The stuff I have been using falls to pieces when I am trying to use it so am going to give this a go because in the videos I have seen its stays as it should.

Thanks for that :) Cant believe the times I have used ecigwizard and never noticed lol

The stuff I have been using falls to pieces when I am trying to use it so am going to give this a go because in the videos I have seen its stays as it should.

I have the same problem fella, but yet to try this stuff myself, let us know how you get on with it if you decide to get some :) I have no doubt its good stuff coming from ecig wiz though

If you have that problem, maybe try a silica U wick with the coil at the open end of the U? I am vaping on one of those as I type. Yoou can trim off any loose bits after you attach the coil to the atomizer posts

My braided silica wick arrived today from ECW today and I have to say this is the only silica wick I will use from now on.
It is so much easier to work with and doesn't frey at all.
I re wicked my igo-l today in less than a minute whilst sat in the car waiting for the other half.
They only had the 1mm available so I got that but wrapped it a few times to give me 4 lengths and wrapped the coil round by hand with nothing to help keep it straight. By far the easiest wick iv made so far :)

The braided is cleaner looking and tidier so to speak so appears more appetizing BUT...

In my opinion I actually prefer the loose but good quality woven type that almost falls apart while in hand & coiling it.... But done as Bryan123456's method suggested above ( my own too ) As in a U style and coil close to the ends, then just cut any frayed when in position..and apart from anything else it probably the easiest way especially with things like drippers/Igo etc. As most peeps probably fumble trying to keep a coil central, then think SHIT where do I tuck all this extra wicking :banghead:

With this method it keeps the wick out your eyes and to one side :P

Back
Top Bottom