What's new

Showcasing "The Tube" a semi mech Mosfet 26650 stabwood hybrid for matty2010

vapesmarter

Mod Maker
this mod started out quite simple then went downhill there were times that I just walked away from it

Technically it's a simple thing, in reality, its a real pain to do

so

the tube

hang on DVD

but of course

tonight "Shutter Island"

Dr. Cawley: I've built something valuable here and valuable things have a way of being misunderstood in their own time. Everyone wants a quick fix. I'm trying to do something that people, yourself included, don't understand, and I'm not going to give up without a fight.

a very apt quote

I have no early shots of how I made this mod because A. I'm not stupid I am aware some competitors are starting to copy each other's styles and B. see point A....

so with that in mind here is a picture of Alfie

IMG_4729.jpg

ok so you have the mod and you need a hole 29mm wide, this hole you drill in one go (a certain length long) remember it is 29mm wide that the width of Two average fingers you have 2mm play on each side of the hole that's the wall of the mod....so go on, off you pop get drilling

IMG_4732.jpg

wow stu is that the inside of "The Tube"

no its the inside of my electric motor on the miller that went bang and I mean really bang sparks smoke the lot.....

IMG_4710.jpg

WTF...... yep hence the name "The Tube"

IMG_4696.jpg

first of many many mockups

so switchfet installed that promptly died, trouble is a 26650 battery can pulse at 60 amps so a MOSFET was installed to take the power, rebuilt again and again tested rebuilt again till I was happy so in the end...

IMG_4752.jpg

"The Tube"

IMG_4751.jpg

IMG_4753.jpg

colors are silver pearl, white pearl, black mira, blue candy metallic, deep red pearl metallic, a touch of purple and the wood is spalted gelding rose

where do you get the colors from stu?

not telling.... but I don't buy them from the USA, a lot is made for me, I want my mods to be uniquely different.

IMG_4754.jpg

the 510 is not one I would normally use it is 0.25 of an mm off center and has a cut out I did for venting why I did this I have not got a clue I may replace this but on the whole I am in a negative on the cost of the mod, as a learning curve ive learnt lots from this mod and have lots of ideas for in the future.

plus as you can see no Alfie paw print I just couldn't fit it in!!!!

in regards to bespoke, i know of no other all stabwood hybrid 26650 tube mod out there..??

"the tube" will go out bagged in leather, it's not for the faint-hearted it is very powerful

@mattyk2010 your mod is done

next time

"Capo"

if you love my mods bags or cabinets, cases then like them follow me and...... buy one.

ohhhh myyyy a box mod in a tube what ever next .. well done that man .......
very clever and nice mod

Haha, c*nt of a job for something that looks so straightforward!
Love the simple lines of the finished product.
No Alfie paw?
F*cking clone... [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]
Joking @vapesmarter and @mattyk2010 it's a gem!

Last edited:
Great looking tube there. I have never really been a fan of tube mods but this is a cracker !

@vapesmarter - Ooh, yeah, Tube looks great and that is a fantastic piece of work. Give yourself a pat on the back and have even more respect from a former Navy engineer!!

But, the mod in all it's glory pales in comparison to that handsome and obviously starving for food and attention wee waif Alfie....

very nice
But 2mm wall thickness,try making parts for ejector seats for a living.Where half the width of a human hair would make it useless.

Back
Top Bottom