What's new

Showcasing "Taxus" a dna stabwood hybrid thin screen fire red

vapesmarter

Mod Maker
I could say @Crewella get your sick bucket out but I won't, that's cruel and not funny, childish.. wait... what.... oh well

DVD?

"Backdraft"

Donald 'Shadow' Rimgale: In a word, Brian, what is this job all about?

Firefighter Brian McCaffrey: Fire.

Donald 'Shadow' Rimgale: It's a living thing, Brian. It breathes, it eats, and it hates. The only way to beat it is to think like it. To know that this flame will spread this way across the door and up across the ceiling, not because of the physics of flammable liquids, but because it wants to. Some guys on this job, the fire owns them, makes 'em fight it on it's level, but the only way to truly kill it is to love it a little. Just like Ronald.

This mod I did enjoy making in a way

"Your kidding stu we all thought you hate them!!"

ok, ok i like the creation the quote from backdraft above is true of stabwood its easy to buy a block, ebay, facebook but for me I'm a purist to make a mod is putting part of you into it, some of my soul in the colours, the name, maybe I'm talking crap but for me creation is picking up some wood and having the image of that wood in a mod in my hand. so I make the block the wood the lot.

IMG_4939.jpg

every mod I make a block approval picture goes to the customer the above block ive shaped and made square
the colours are gold mira, red, blood red pearl, black, black graphite, black pearl

IMG_4940.jpg

the wood is a heart knot from a silver birch I should know this as I cut the branch it was attached too, whilst cutting the wind damage from the tree I was about 30ft up spiked in close to god and this is where the colour of the mod comes from red the gods colour

IMG_4947.jpg

the faceplate is the same width as the board it was left over from 2 mods I haven't show on here (customers wishes)

IMG_4950.jpg

a bit of polishing

IMG_4963.jpg

cutting the angles (my poor bonza)

IMG_4965.jpg

ok starting with the fine grits move up to lapping then refinish nearly there add this to the other bits

IMG_4995.jpg

"Taxus" or to give its common name Yew the tree with the blood red berries

IMG_4996.jpg

IMG_4997.jpg

IMG_4998.jpg

IMG_5002.jpg

so "Taxus" is done it will be bagged and boxed up to go to its new owner

next time

"Duality"

this mod is going to the other side of the world to the land of the rising sun

it will be a 20700 21700 regulated squonker....... oh my

as always

if you like my mods, stands, bags, tips, cabinets, then like them follow me and...... buy one

footnote

I have an item that I may do a giveaway on potv, my giveaways cost me time and money, i enjoy them but Im undecided if you have read this thread then respond below, if you read and run I won't give it away simple enough? stu :14:

Wow you really making a lot of fine master pieces at the moment. I don’t see how you find the hours in the day sir

Stunning work as always Stu the recipient is gonna be proper chuffed

Another stunner Stu, as soon as i have thought up a challenge for you (and finished paying for my holiday) i will be in touch [emoji16]

Yet more stunning work. Top job [emoji106]

Back
Top Bottom