POTV - Your vaping community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Why not sign up today!

Register
  1. The POTV Charity Fundraising Event for 2019 is go! Check out the prizes and make your donations here.
    Dismiss Notice

showcasing "sultan" 18350 pipe 3rd near the hammer edition

Discussion in 'All Things Mod Making' started by vapesmarter, Feb 5, 2019.

1. vapesmarter

vapesmarter Mod Maker

I'm pretty much fed up

oh look I can make a e-pipe, Jesus easy isn't it, oh god yes, a piece of piss, joy..... a+b = C really stu............ no not at all

you spend £150 on resin and you put too much to mix in the container so you pour it back into the bottle except you pick the wrong one up its the catalyst you've dumped it in so bang £150 shot gone

you get a delivery of parts you've got to buy in bulk due to cost to pass on half are faulty or the wrong thread size by 0.25 of a pitch all shot gone

shall I carry on......

dvd?

the birds

Cathy Brenner: He's got a client who shot his wife in the head six times. Six times, can you imagine it? I mean, even twice would be overdoing it, don't you think?

so some drilling the first sultan had a hammer swiped straight through him bang it wasn't right

IMG_7456.jpg

I've had to bond a piece on the base to get levels right as I having problems clamping spinning at 3000 rpm is not helping

IMG_7449.jpg

polish the atty holder after making

IMG_7488.jpg

polish the switch again as its not right

assemble wire polish and

IMG_7502.jpg

stamp on it

why

it failed the tests once made there is no going back if it doesn't work or look right being such a small format its scrap if this was a box you just bought from a supplier you just buy a new box or get the board back on RMA they send you a new board being handmade like above if it fails that's 3 days gone 36 hours the resin, the parts, the colour the time gone, wasted.

so start again

IMG_7562.jpeg

so am I happy with Sultan

IMG_7563.jpeg

had I big plans with a wooden box and leather strap over the top to look like a gentleman's pipe ...... well yes that was the plan

IMG_7564.jpeg

is that an amber stem with a stainless steel 510 insert that will fit all 510 attys click on click off.....it is indeed

IMG_7565.jpeg

mod making is awful it's like a disease it steals your mind there is no feedback from me you strife for perfection but you can't get there......there is no perfection

so sultan sits here next to octopussy

what I will do, I'm unsure, I've shut down to it hence no in the paw video no on the log pictures, I've pulled out the thorn but its left a scar

so after all my moaning, look at me poor me etc I'm still making

a pipe and mod will be coming soon

love my mods then like them but dont make them.

#1 vapesmarter, Feb 5, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2019
    • Like Like x 20
    • LOL LOL x 1
  2. kockeyedkitty

kockeyedkitty Achiever

Whoa!!! That's one beauty of a pipe !!

• Like Like x 1
    • Thank Thank x 1
  3. Crewella

Crewella Legend

That's awesome! :2thumbsup:

• Like Like x 3
  4. BULLDOG1964

BULLDOG1964 Veteran

Thats a really nice pipe Stu love the detail on it.........:2thumbsup:............

• Like Like x 3
  5. tootingyoda

tootingyoda Achiever

That's fekin outstanding Stu. I do admire your determination mate.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Deaf Vaper

Deaf Vaper Achiever

You sound like such a tortured poor soul...i wanna hug you..except i'm a bloke! It's beauty as ever Stu....just looking at it wonder how you get them to look like that? Do you use a mould for the resin..or do you actually hand carve (if that's the right term) each piece from scratch?

Anyway..it's another gorgeous piece Stu......but do please take some time off for yourself, i think you're crying out for a much needed holiday...badly!

#6 Deaf Vaper, Feb 6, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
  7. vapesmarter

vapesmarter Mod Maker

Half and half on the carving

Sultan is not for me it won’t sell as such so It’s been s waste of time to make

• Like Like x 1
  8. rew

rew Veteran

Work of art Stu. Love the amber stem

• Like Like x 3
    • Thank Thank x 1
  9. Discomatt

Discomatt Achiever

Can I make a suggestion? Don't ever bin the fails. Keep them to learn from them and label them with the mistake that was made. Create a kind of 3d journal for future reference to learn from the mistakes made.

Looks very in keeping with that style of pipe (just googled them). The amber is spot on.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Crewella

Crewella Legend

One thing caught my attention too ......... that looks almost long enough to take an 18650? :drool:

• Like Like x 3