What's new

showcasing "pink the Revamp" semi mech hybrid squonk

vapesmarter

Mod Maker
After Xmas has come and gone the new year is tonight I've been busy

well, in fact, I've been ill over Xmas we all have here but as we all got over the "Christmas" cold, pink had issues that needed addressing

I and @Jules27 teamed up on pinks design she did a review here

https://blog.ceekaysvapeshack.com/wp/2017/12/10/vapesmarters-pink-the-review/

my relationship with Jules is always fun we both have ideas we both sulk, shout, call each other names but Jules has qualities I can never match her eye for detail is perfect and when I flag she pulls me up by my shoelaces.

so on the DVD when I revamped pink is "contagion" very apt

[an autopsy is being carried out on Beth and her skull is opened]
Minnesota Medical Examiner: Hell, this whole side is obliterated. Let’s look at the base.
[they look at the base of the brain and notice something strange about Beth’s brain]
Minnesota Medical Examiner: Oh, my God!
Assistant Medical Examiner: Do you want me to um…take a sample?
Minnesota Medical Examiner: I want you to move away from the table.
[the assistant medical examiner moves away]
Assistant Medical Examiner: Should I call someone?
Minnesota Medical Examiner: Call everyone!

IMG_4151.jpg

on the left pink 2 on the right the original pink I did, which I was not happy about.

the pink on the left is the one I sent to Jules it was too big in the hand it needed to be smaller

trouble is when the mod is finished simple lopping a bit off here and there is not something you can do

so I had to deconstruct the mod

IMG_4257.jpg

so I've cut 5mm off the thickness dropped the top by 10mm and cut the back edge to reveal the battery tube, new top plate installed, for me the top plate needs to be 25mm the days of the 22mm attey are on the wain all my top plates are for the 24mm, 25mm 26mm, attey which is becoming more of a standard for me.

the top plate has new screws also

so add the parts together

IMG_4272.jpg

IMG_4274.jpg

IMG_4275.jpg

IMG_4276.jpg

IMG_4278.jpg

there was a problem with the squonk cap being to shallow for the coin opener so I have sunk this deeper so the coin fits better

so what happens now

this is going out to be reviewed by another person

what will happen next is up to them and how they view pink, in my making of mods I need exposure without sales I cant make, it becomes a circle of boom and bust

I may get 10 orders I may get no orders it's not in my hands anymore and as I look further into 2018 who knows, do I want to get into mod making more? I'm uncertain I love making but I started making cases and cabinets mods are in your hand for a while till the next one comes along an oak cabinet will last a lifetime but alas vapers want the shiny fix "the super wangy 2019 sub mech squonk thing"

we shall see as 2017 finishes and after the sumac giveaway there is hope and a second chance, as always the sun will rise in the morning and the start of a new making day comes

if you love my mods, cabinets, cases, then like them, follow me and......buy one.

Beautiful, I love the fact it has an almost raw look to it, very natural and love the showing of the battery tube

@vapesmarter when you say semi mech what does that mean? Does that mean there's some regulation?

semi mech = a mod that is unregulated but has a Mosfet fitted for reverse battery protection and has a full 510 fitted (not just a threaded hole)

but I'm switching to switchfet that will give more protection for the user but it still will be an unregulated mod

semi mech hit hard it's down to your build its a halfway measure between mechs and regulated

semi mech = a mod that is unregulated but has a Mosfet fitted for reverse battery protection and has a full 510 fitted (not just a threaded hole)

but I'm switching to switchfet that will give more protection for the user but it still will be an unregulated mod

semi mech hit hard it's down to your build its a halfway measure between mechs and regulated

So like a Pico squeeze in effect? Not wanting to liken your mods to a cheap mass produced item but in principal it would work the same?

Stu... You've reworked her, given her more curves... she is refined, unique, beautiful.

Simply Stunning!

So like a Pico squeeze in effect? Not wanting to liken your mods to a cheap mass produced item but in principal it would work the same?

Yes but with all cheap mass produced mods they don’t hit as hard as handmade due to the quality of the components

Not quiet my colour but nice work as always, going for exposed battery tube now as well I see ;)

Not quiet my colour but nice work as always, going for exposed battery tube now as well I see ;)

I have exposed the battery tube a few times now the first was “Boromir” I’m not a fan I like sleek lines but to get the size smaller I thought I would do it with “pink”

Back
Top Bottom