What's new

Showcasing "Nasir" Damascus yihi sx485j hybid stabwood mod for rawhead

vapesmarter

Mod Maker
this mod was made as a testing thing for me, I have used Damascus many times before for knives etc but hollow grinding a blade is completely different to drilling holes in it

Dvd

"The Maze Runner"

Frypan: Newt, what do you see?

Newt: It's a girl. I think she's dead.

Gally: What's in her hand?

Newt: [Newt takes note from Teresa's hand] "She's the last one... ever." What the hell does that mean?

Teresa: [Wakes up, gasping] Thomas...!

IMG_5914.jpg

this is the plate its oiled blacked for colour

IMG_6087.jpg

and this is the block it will be a 20/21700 yihi sx485j board

so plate first

IMG_6207.jpg

you may have seen my other posts about this stuff its very very very hard harder than stainless harder than mostly all metals in fact, so hard stuff needs hard tools so pure carbide milling tips and cobalt drills neither of these you can pick up off the bay its got to be proper gear not recycled VW engines

I've cut the holes etched the blank as I had to surface grind it down then recoloured the finish

IMG_6196.jpg

just to cut the plate to size means using a cutting disc on a angle grinder

the block

IMG_6197.jpg

action shot cutting down with a razor sharp cutter the cutter alone is £80 so they aren't cheap things

so add the bit together and we have

IMG_6251.jpg

"Nasir"

IMG_6250.jpg
IMG_6256.jpg
IMG_6252.jpg

IMG_6253.jpg

I have refinished the mod but I have put it through so much with the plate I have drawn a line under it there are some tiny inclusions in the resin but they are minor

in the paw 360 degree

"Nasir" is boxed and bagged and is on its way to @rawhead

next time

coco?

sarah?

or something completely different.....

love my mods? like them. hit that follow button (if you don't follow you will miss maybe some great deals)....buy one?

Attachments

• IMG_6254.jpg
    IMG_6254.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 55
Wonderful, I remember my attempt at Damascus and it put me right off trying it again since it tough stuff.

That is just lovely Stu...and has the name of my favourite character in Robin of Sherwood.

Back
Top Bottom