What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

showcasing frodo squonker but the power of the ring could not be undone

vapesmarter

Mod Maker
I teamed up with @eshelby_dunn on the last of lord of the rings edition

it is a small hybrid squonker we all know esh but you may not know he is a brilliant mod maker I see him as my confident when I screw up and send him countless emails in various states of anger and some when I'm half cut on illicit spirits (i fell up my own stairs the last time much to Mrs vapesmarters disgust )

but this is a tale of love lost remember Graham this is much much worse...

ready children

let's begin

"Galadriel They fought for the freedom of Middle-Earth. Victory was near, but the power of the ring could not be undone...."

if ever a quote is correct this is spot on

technically I do not have a making thread as I did not make the main bits but to lighten the mood here are some pictures of Alfie

150961_10151249567880949_531632239_n.jpg

a very young Alfie

10269505_10152601620080949_5667190739671747769_n.jpg

bathtime

580541_10151472388935949_2032764820_n.jpg

running through the fields

20140622_162422.jpg

with his first love Mrs chicken who passed away not long after this

10696417_10152458344725949_941200135378249599_n.jpg

asleep with mrs vapesmarter

so now that bits over let's have a look at the mod, received today @eshelby_dunn is a broken man a bit like the mod

the mod was packed up well but looks like the postman decided to kick it here from my local post office

IMG_3576.JPG

oh dear

IMG_3578.JPG

nasty

IMG_3577.JPG

hmmm, tricky....

so esh is in pieces the mod is in pieces, I'm scratching my head

can this be fixed well I have a plan, I just haven't worked the plan out as such

as always I show you the ups and downs of mod making easy, isn't it....

part 2 will come along soon.....hopefully

now if you're good boys and girls @eshelby_dunn will post what could have been over to you esh

Ouch. What a kick in the nuts. Couldn't have sent.it by Mr Hermes and broken it any more. Sorry guy's.

To be completely honest it's gutting. A stomach knotting kick to the nuts.

These are pictures of the poor victim about an hour before being posted. And please excuse the darkness/shitness of the final picture, I've included it to show the sparkle that's hidden within....
1502189261331.jpg
1502189253316.jpg
20170806_234840.jpg

it's sitting in a tray at the min looking proper peeved off

im thinking of a complete encapsulation in clear then a remake

so the shows not over yet

First of all, I want to say that I'm gutted for you both, I can't even imagine how sickening that must feel.
@vapesmarter , have you heard of kintsugi? It's the Japanese method of repairing something but not hiding the repairs, and in the process making it more beautiful. It could be a nice save for a nice mod.

First of all, I want to say that I'm gutted for you both, I can't even imagine how sickening that must feel.
@vapesmarter , have you heard of kintsugi? It's the Japanese method of repairing something but not hiding the repairs, and in the process making it more beautiful. It could be a nice save for a nice mod.

yes kintsugi I have heard of, the resin encapsulation will be in crystal clear so you will see the cracks but to pull it off will take some lateral thinking

I have had a long day in the workshop and have had a beer which has gone to my head so lateral thinking is very apt at this moment in time

It'll certainly add character being encapsulated, but gutted our trusty mail service did this :(

Well that's a bit of a kick in the tits, but you got the skills to pay the bills.

Damn that sucks, had it happen to me a few times
You would be scared to post things off I had pics of the iPhone I once posted, literally looked like it been put under a road roller thing, it was so bad the only way I could identify it was my own handwritten label on the package the buyer refused to sign for, the package was flatter than the contents had started out

Back
Top Bottom