What's new

Showcasing "coco" sterling silver hybrid stabwood 20/21700 clickfet mod

vapesmarter

Mod Maker
modmaking is a real pain in the bum

for instance, I've spent 4 hours tonight making a fire button from scratch to in the end chuck it in the scrap bin

coco was troubling to me ive really struggled with the making design changes halfway through and no direction I knew what I wanted but I just couldn't picture her finished it was like steamed up or like looking through an iced windscreen you can see the road but do you see the truck coming at you full bore.......this might sound like complete tosh and I am talking crap but if I can't see the finished item I'm buggered from the start

so on this cold dull wet sunday night

DVD?

Master & Commander (The far side of the World)

[Dinner in the officers' mess. The captain is inebriated, but asks apparently seriously]
Capt. Jack Aubrey: Do you see those two weevils doctor?
Dr. Stephen Maturin: I do.
Capt. Jack Aubrey: Which would you choose?
Dr. Stephen Maturin: [sighs annoyed] Neither; there is not a scrap a difference between them. They are the same species of Curculio.
Capt. Jack Aubrey: If you had to choose. If you were forced to make a choice. If there was no other response...
Dr. Stephen Maturin: [Exasperated] Well then if you are going to *push* me...
[the doctor studies the weevils briefly]
Dr. Stephen Maturin: ...I would choose the right hand weevil; it has... significant advantage in both length and breadth.
[the captain thumps his fist in the table]
Capt. Jack Aubrey: There, I have you! You're completely dished! Do you not know that in the service...
[pauses]
Capt. Jack Aubrey: ...one must always choose the lesser of two weevils.
[the officers burst out in laughter]

here is the original block shot

IMG_6214.jpg

various colours some opaque some Mira and some purple in there somewhere

IMG_6383.jpg

2mm thick solid silver top plate

IMG_6357.jpg

this is the first mock up shot

so I added a clickfet switch with a fire button that lights up fitted the tube and left her I just wasn't happy coco sat on the bench for a month, I knew I wanted something else with her but I just couldn't visualize it. so hand engraving the top plate came into play

add the bits together

IMG_6482.jpg
IMG_6483.jpg
IMG_6484.jpg
IMG_6486.jpg
IMG_6487.jpg

in the paw 360 degree

so is coco sold has some person paid me lots of pennies

no

I was going to send her for review but weeks have been spent on her I'm still not taken or happy with her as such but as soon as the mod is done I shut down it goes it's hard to explain

I may put her in the classes but even then I'm not over the moon @Michael jackson knows this too well it took weeks for him to get "sahara" off me, i won't use her for myself either

any way coco is done

next time

ti ti

Indiana

or something else

love my mods then like them follow me ......buy one

She's absolutely gorgeous @vapesmarter, easily my favourite of all the mods you've showcased on here. She'd look great in my hand
emoji106.png

thankyou all

I'm not sold on her though, I may strip and remake, I dunno she is sitting in front of me all the test are done but I won't use her how long she will sit here I don't know, its a strange situation

You worry too much for your own good sometimes Stu but that shows you care about what you make and do. Coco looks good to me as well and i am sure you will be able to move her on to a new home.

Back
Top Bottom