What's new

Series or parallel

Yeah I'd be interested, dunno how much use I'd be. Takes me a while to get going but once I do I throw myself into it whole heartedly. I'd love to get to making myself a DNA mod eventually.

Sent with kind regards and salutations.

Don't worry about how much use you'd be - that's not what it would be about. Groups are a side thing on the forum where something specific happens. What tends to happen in the threads is that information is posted and gets rapidly buried, so in a group it is smaller, and more likely to be focused on one thing - if that makes sense?

I'll let you into a secret, I am absolutely itching to make a DNA mod, but haven't quite got the guts to buy the board and balls it up. I know Gilliandrea might be willing to get involved, and between you and me, she is a bit if a whizz with PCBs, so we might just realise our dream with her shouting encouragement from the sidelines ;)

Keep an eye out on the mod makers thread - hopefully I'll get my bum into gear pretty soon. :D

:rofl: Dexter as you know I have already put together a DNA20 but not put it into a case, or rather not built a case to put it into, the weather has not been kind and I don't have heating in the shed!!

Just shortly there will be a little thread with a build for a SX300 coming from me so everyone will get to see the 'Gravity' board build just shortly :D and hopefully I won't make too much of mess with it as I have bought a Hammond box to put it into, as my OH says the 'easy' way ;)

If your looking at making a tin mod, here's tonights success story, sadly the purchased 510 connector, well its broke now and I'm less than impressed with it, I'm going to make something out of 1/4" brass delrin and dads lathe skills, I want something more rigid.

Anyway. Parrallel battery tray that fits in an altoids tin. Its going to drive a dna20 board that I've lost interest in, so a bespoke box and fancy cell is out, this will be a quickish and dirty first mod to get stuff used up, out of the way and allow me to move on. Anyway, here it is ready for me to mix up a rook of epoxy. I wont be gluing anything till everything has been confirmed to fit.

There's power leads soldered to the positive and negative plates now and obviously its a parrallel arrangement, one thing that irritates me about many of the boards thst are vaping orientated is the 4.5v upper limit, given the huge amount of lipo packs that are infinitely better suited to vaping currents, I find it really irritating that they dont make the boards at least 8.5v capable.

I'm going the 'totally mental 'box mod running a NAOS. Raptor variable volts device, powered from lipo batteries. I saw the connections arrangements on another forum and with lipo batteries, no need for the rocking horse shit availability of a mosfet. Should be easily capable of 100+watts, and all fits In a Hammond box.

Sent by lazer from just north of the world's largest nuclear dustbin

Good stuff. As it happens, I've been meaning to start a mod making group. Would you be interested? I've only ever made basic 3.7 and VV mods, but have a load of information etc. which might be if help to others who want to have a go. :D

Sounds good Dexter I would be interested in any info as I worked in electronic manufacture assembly and final production for years but since joining the railway have forgotten a lot :30:

So when the groups up and running count me in please :D

Sounds good Dexter I would be interested in any info as I worked in electronic manufacture assembly and final production for years but since joining the railway have forgotten a lot :30:

So when the groups up and running count me in please :D

Absolutely mate. :D I'm currently in a state of "fcukness", so I'm turning in. I'm aiming to set it up later today - have a few things to do first, but should have the ball rolling by the evening. Fingers crossed ;D

This VV board/chip whatever(£13 each)built in to a Hammond type box
cheapest I've found.LiPo batteries from
should easily be possible to connect a bunch of these in series/parallel to get huge MaH+huge wattages(though the screen included in my build will only read volts,so will also need the relevant app on my phone to work out the wattage I'm using)

As this box mod will be able to fire up a quad coil RDA that used 1mm wire for the coils,the wiring/510 connector are going to need be substantial to avoid melting those instead of heating up the coils.According to a thread I read the other night on another forum,the switching is done on low current side of the Raptor so pretty much enables any size switches to be used,rather than the costly high current switches,and by using LiPo's there is no need for a Mosfet to protect against reverse polarity insertion(as I'm guessing that the LiPo's are fixed in place,and charged through a mini USB socket)

I have the basic plan in my head(atm)and wander round the internet aimlessly where I stumble on others ideas & add their ideas to my own,and then search for suppliers of the components I intend using.

Stealthvape do 1a usb chargers, their tiny and I'm saving mine for a lipo build now, with a series parrallel array I would want to include a balance charging port and I'd charge it with my hobby charger, 1a is going to take at least six hours to charge a 6000mah pack....

This VV board/chip whatever(£13 each)built in to a Hammond type box cheapest I've found.LiPo batteries from should easily be possible to connect a bunch of these in series/parallel to get huge MaH+huge wattages(though the screen included in my build will only read volts,so will also need the relevant app on my phone to work out the wattage I'm using)

As this box mod will be able to fire up a quad coil RDA that used 1mm wire for the coils,the wiring/510 connector are going to need be substantial to avoid melting those instead of heating up the coils.According to a thread I read the other night on another forum,the switching is done on low current side of the Raptor so pretty much enables any size switches to be used,rather than the costly high current switches,and by using LiPo's there is no need for a Mosfet to protect against reverse polarity insertion(as I'm guessing that the LiPo's are fixed in place,and charged through a mini USB socket)

I have the basic plan in my head(atm)and wander round the internet aimlessly where I stumble on others ideas & add their ideas to my own,and then search for suppliers of the components I intend using.

Personally I wouldn't build my own series packs. High performance LiPo packs use matched cells for the series packs. Find one 2S (or two and parallel the packs) of a suitable size and use that. Also USB chargers are for 4.2V packs. Series cells must be balance charged so as gords1001 says incorporate a balance charger port to charge through.

Back
Top Bottom