What's new

Series or parallel

Trungo

Achiever
I'm gonna have a go at making myself a mod. I've found an 18650 case I like the look of but I'm not sure which to go for as there are 2 types.
Should I go for series or parallel battery configuration?
I'm not what the difference is tbh. What would be best for a beginner?

Sent with kind regards and salutations.

Series will give you 8.4V fully charged. Parallel will be at 4.2V fully charged and allow double the run time and amp limit of a single battery. With either you should always keep the batteries as pairs and charge at the same time.

Series will give you 8.4V fully charged. Parallel will be at 4.2V fully charged and allow double the run time and amp limit of a single battery. With either you should always keep the batteries as pairs and charge at the same time.

Thanks for the quick reply
The double run time quite appeals but could I handle the extra voltage with series batteries lol. I'll probably use 2 Sony vtc4 batteries.

Which would you go for?

As a beginner like me you should try a single battery first and go from there. As said by @doobedoobedo, serial doubles the power and parallel doubles the mAh. I would suggest if you are going to go serial, you need a step down / potentiometer so you can adjust the voltage. In fact, this is what I'm going to do on my next mod.
Also, make sure the wires and buttons etc are high enough amps so they don't burn up.
Good luck and happy modding.

As a beginner like me you should try a single battery first and go from there. As said by @doobedoobedo, serial doubles the power and parallel doubles the mAh. I would suggest if you are going to go serial, you need a step down / potentiometer so you can adjust the voltage. In fact, this is what I'm going to do on my next mod.
Also, make sure the wires and buttons etc are high enough amps so they don't burn up.
Good luck and happy modding.

I'm gonna get everything from the wonderful stealthvape so hopefully I'll be able to pick his brains as to what I need to buy.

I think parallel might be the best option to go for as a first mod.

Btw was inspired to make my own mod after watching your progress mate.

Trungo - here's what you need to know about parallel and series connections. The best advice I can give you is don't rush in to start making, but take time to understand the basics. Battery safety is paramount. If you are using a conductive case make sure that you insulate every connection - way too many people just solder and leave it. :D

http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/serial_and_parallel_battery_configurations

I m gonna use one of the plastic battery cases stealthvape sells for my first mod so I can just learn the basics of wiring etc.

I'm gonna get everything from the wonderful stealthvape so hopefully I'll be able to pick his brains as to what I need to buy.

I think parallel might be the best option to go for as a first mod.

Btw was inspired to make my own mod after watching your progress mate.

Cheers fella. That's nice of you to say that. Best of luck and show us the pics when you've cracked it.

Good stuff. As it happens, I've been meaning to start a mod making group. Would you be interested? I've only ever made basic 3.7 and VV mods, but have a load of information etc. which might be if help to others who want to have a go. :D

Good stuff. As it happens, I've been meaning to start a mod making group. Would you be interested? I've only ever made basic 3.7 and VV mods, but have a load of information etc. which might be if help to others who want to have a go. :D

Yeah I'd be interested, dunno how much use I'd be. Takes me a while to get going but once I do I throw myself into it whole heartedly. I'd love to get to making myself a DNA mod eventually.

Back
Top Bottom