What's new

Screen

giikon

Initiate
Gents
What material do you use for the protective screen on your customs mods?

Thanks Mr Ripple.
Most vendors have additional screen (protector) which is bonded to the mod case.

Any ideas what material that is?
Sorry no bud.
If i build a mod it's a dna.
I'd guess it's some sort of acetate.

I think i once saw on a site what i think u r talking about, it wasnt vapesmarters (altho he could probably tell u, it is another stabwood maker) i could very well be misremembering or they just got the normal screen flush possibly.

Edit-if your making it yourself, i mean, extra dna 75c screens are like 10-20 dollars and u just pop em on and off, they plug in. U would have to take it apart of course, but if u crack the protector u might have to replace the entire enclosure depending how u do it, just a thought, ignore if u want. Never built one from scratch

Last edited:
Interesting, I'll keep researching.
Thanks again.
U have inspired me to start rescuing my therion

This is what a dna screen mount looks like, it mounts to the board and mod to hold it all together (not sure if bespoke mods all use this, but this mod does)
20220430_121640.jpg

Once those screws come out u can seperate it all
20220430_122049.jpg

And here is the screen and mont plug to the board
20220430_122115.jpg
20220430_122105.jpg

I admit its a small plug, but i just took this apart in ten minutes, if i wanted to i could unplug it with a extra screen i have, and just put it back together again.

Hope this helps, at least it got me started

U have inspired me to start rescuing my therion

This is what a dna screen mount looks like, it mounts to the board and mod to hold it all together (not sure if bespoke mods all use this, but this mod does)
View attachment 274251

Once those screws come out u can seperate it all
View attachment 274252
And here is the screen and mont plug to the board
View attachment 274256View attachment 274257

I admit its a small plug, but i just took this apart in ten minutes, if i wanted to i could unplug it with a extra screen i have, and just put it back together again.

Hope this helps, at least it got me started

I recently dismantled a few devices to check how vendors routed cables. One of the being the Dotmod 75w, this has a screen bonded to the case and also retains the screen on the board.

Attachments

• PXL_20220425_095157806.jpg
    PXL_20220425_095157806.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 56
  • dotmod75black_1.jpg
    dotmod75black_1.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 48
I was just looking, the odin mini comes with a screen like that as well.

It also comes with what i assume is a dovpo board that is mounted the same as a dna 75c board, and is now something i would like to ask him about also, lol

Back
Top Bottom