POTV - Your vaping community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Why not sign up today!

Register

RTA Compatibility With X-PRIV

Discussion in 'All Things Mod Making' started by Anthony Nader, Nov 8, 2018.

1. Anthony Nader

Anthony Nader Postman

Yo, I am looking into starting to build my own coils and possibly purchasing an RTA.

I am using an X-PRIV mod with a TFV12 Prince and spending too much on coils.
    If I want to start building my own coils, would it be better to get an RBA head for my Prince or purchase a new RTA?
    And what are good RTA's that are compatible with my X-PRIV?

I am not new to vaping but I am new to building, and any help would be awesome.

2. nwhornet

nwhornet Achiever

Get a new RTA, plenty of advice on here for flavour tanks. Get some wire (Stealthvape a good source), coil rods (or screwdriver around 3mm dia), and get acquainted with Steamengine (web site to check builds before you actually waste wire.

3. nwhornet

nwhornet Achiever

Any RTA with a 510 thread is compatible, it's pretty much THE standard.

4. Anthony Nader

Anthony Nader Postman

okay great I will look into that. Will for sure need some practice on it to not screw up my mod. Will look into RTA's i see Kylin is good and Geekvape Zeus are good ones but I want to familiarize myself more with rebuilding before buying anything.

thanks for the advice

5. nwhornet

nwhornet Achiever

Your unlikely to screw up your mod, it has safety features to prevent shorts, too low ohm etc. Have a read in the sun ohm sections & read reviews by members. Kylin is ok, never really over impressed personally but the Zeus gets a few nods. Try going for something easy to build & learn on, postless & vertical post decks I find are easier.

6. Anthony Nader

Anthony Nader Postman

okay cool I will definitely look into those ones but your advice has really been helpful

• Like Like x 1