What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Reuleaux rx200 battery life

graykev

Postman
Hi, last week I bought the reuleaux rx200 with 3 Sony 2100mah batteries from totally wicked. The mod itself is great but the battery life is concerning me so wondering if anyone can shed any light on it...

Since this mod I have been using the eleaf istick 50w which has a combined mah of 4000. This lasts me around 4 days between charges. The rx200 is needing charged every second night. I would have thought that with 3 batteries it would last longer? I am using the same tank and build as I always do. Only thing I can think is that I am charging this via USB and regardless on how long I leave it, it always keeps flashing as if it's charging and leaves a tiny gap on the battery display suggesting it isn't fully charged. I have bought I separate 4 bay charger to see if this helps but it hasn't arrived yet.

Sorry for the long post but if anyone can help me get a boost in battery life I would be very grateful (and happy)

if your 4000 mah device lasts 4 days you can expect a 2100 device to last around half as long, could try some of the lg 3000 mah batteries. I would also externally charge the batteries.

if your 4000 mah device lasts 4 days you can expect a 2100 device to last around half as long, could try some of the lg 3000 mah batteries. I would also externally charge the batteries.
Yeah but the rx200 has three 2100. Does this not mean it would have a combined mah of 6300 and therefore last longer than the 4000mah in the istick?

they are in series not parallel. series=double the voltage, same mah parallel=same voltage, double mah

they are in series not parallel. series=double the voltage, same mah parallel=same voltage, double mah
Thanks again for the response. Every day is a school day....

I'm sure there are good reasons for them being in series but I'm assuming the istick is parallel (as it lasts ages) and it's a beast lol. I'm guessing the extra voltage is required for reaching 200w?

When you're comparing batteries of different voltage you can't use mAh. You need to use Watt Hours (nominal voltage * capacity). Batteries contain the same amount of energy whatever configuration they're in.

Your iStick has 14.8WH
Your RX200 has 23.31WH

The discrepancy could be down to either the RX200 never fully charging the batteries (it will charge _very_ slowly), problems with the RX200 charging circuitry (google it), or differences in the efficiency of the boards, or maybe a combination of all of them.

Probably best to charge externally when your charger arrives.

the majority of us are using samsung 25R in ours which are 2500mah so will last slightly longer than 2100 > http://www.sr-vapes.co.uk/product/25r

im still having to charge mine every 4-5 hours or there abouts running at 55watts it sure does drain quick.

as said, an external charger is best for these. im using the nitecore D4 and it takes roughly 4 hours to charge.

I've got 3x LG HE2 batteries in my RX200 which I use at between 38-45w in Kanthal Mode and 45-40w in Nickel Mode, and it easily lasts 3 days before needing a charge...

3 days, wow!
i do chain vape though and can get through a full tfv4 tank in about 1 hour and quite easily 4-5 tank fulls a day. as well as using my istick100 and crown.
me need to slow down....maybe tomorrow :)

I've got 3x LG HE2 batteries in my RX200 which I use at between 38-45w in Kanthal Mode and 45-40w in Nickel Mode, and it easily lasts 3 days before needing a charge...
I've just ordered 3 LGHG2s, after reading of others using them in their rx200. Are these even better?

Back
Top Bottom