What's new

[Request] VapourShark rDNA40 chip replacement / installation

StuPot

Achiever
So I've got an rDNA40 from the second batch of small screens... Would any of you be confident In doing a chip replacement?

I think (after talking to Rob @ StealthVape) that the chip is over volting the screen which has gradually killed the pixels.

The screen is now useless.. Totally blank.

Last edited:
So I've got an rDNA40 from the second batch of small screens... Would any of you be confident In doing a chip replacement?

I think (after talking to Rob @ StealthVape) that the chip is over volting the screen which has gradually killed the pixels.

The screen is now useless.. Totally blank.

Sorry to to hear about this Stu, it must be a bit of a shitter. Will VS not help you out?

As said above I think vaporshark will be you're best bet,as they modify evolv's chips adding on their own fire buttons which increases the length of the chip so it's not a straight swap unfortunately,sorry mate

Sent from the top of an ever increasing mountain of vape gear!

Sorry to to hear about this Stu, it must be a bit of a shitter. Will VS not help you out?

As said above I think vaporshark will be you're best bet,as they modify evolv's chips adding on their own fire buttons which increases the length of the chip so it's not a straight swap unfortunately,sorry mate

That's what put me off doing it myself gscott1979 having to desolder the VS board from the DNA board.. I'm not sure I won't feck it up.

I believe VS give four months warranty and it's past that now [emoji17]

It's still usable in VW mode but I've no idea what wattage I'm vaping at... I wonder how much VS would charge to replace the chip.. Hmm..

StuPot are you on Facebook? Worth shouting Wayne in for the job

Sent from my iPhone using Planet of the Vapes

I emailed them yesterday about a query with an rDNA 30 and they were very quick to respond. I'd give them a shout if I were you - it can't hurt. [email protected]

Sent from my iPad using Planet of the Vapes

That's what put me off doing it myself gscott1979 having to desolder the VS board from the DNA board.. I'm not sure I won't feck it up.

I believe VS give four months warranty and it's past that now [emoji17]

It's still usable in VW mode but I've no idea what wattage I'm vaping at... I wonder how much VS would charge to replace the chip.. Hmm..

That's a bit of a bummer, I only took to YouTube to research a fixing the rDNA incase my chip ever failed mine ever failed,it's the second batch v2 I have which are less susceptible to that type of problem,hope you get it sorted mate

That's a bit of a bummer, I only took to YouTube to research a fixing the rDNA incase my chip ever failed mine ever failed,it's the second batch v2 I have which are less susceptible to that type of problem,hope you get it sorted mate

The guy Huggett suggested has quoted £80 which includes a new chip... That sounds fair to me... That's about £30 for doing the job.

Back
Top Bottom