What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Recycling an old mod

ben32

Initiate
Hi all this might be a daft idea so please feel free to tell me if that's the case, also apologies if this is in the wrong place.

I have an old kooper 200wplus got it on pre order a long while back. all working fine but it's just a brick, it's huge and very heavy so doesn't get used.

I was thinking of taking out the inards and trying to fit them into a custom box but the problem is I haven't a clue on soldering and was under the belief that I could just unscrew the 510 from the top and it would all just come apart turns out that's not the case [emoji4].

Can any one tell me if it's possible and how to remove the 510 with out having to remove the positive or negative wires, and is this even worth the effort at all.

Most of the 510 are unscrewing from inside,few pics would help.
But I must say if you don't know what you're doing and dont have experience dont do it, these things may be very dangerous

No way to remove a 510 without desoldering. Take a photo before doing it so you know what wire is soldered to what. To be honest it's not something I'd bother doing as chances of getting an enclosure with screen & button holes in the right place & 510 hole machined correct are rarer than rocking horse shit.

I agree with everyone else

If you want to make a mod buy a kit from stealthvape he can sell you the lot otherwise you could be in a real world of pain

Without experience I strongly advise against this. Even if you manage to get all out only by desoldering the 510.. still even soldering it back needs to be a job done properly as poor soldering can create a lot of issues you don't want with high discharge cells.

Hi all thanks for all the responses, I was going to make a case for it my self so that wouldn't of been an issue as such, but I think your all right I was under the impression it just unscrewed some how I'll ask around I might know some one who can do the soldering for me but if not I think I'll head your advice and leave well alone. Thanks for taking the time to reply [emoji4][emoji106]

Hi all this might be a daft idea so please feel free to tell me if that's the case, also apologies if this is in the wrong place.

I have an old kooper 200wplus got it on pre order a long while back. all working fine but it's just a brick, it's huge and very heavy so doesn't get used.

I was thinking of taking out the inards and trying to fit them into a custom box but the problem is I haven't a clue on soldering and was under the belief that I could just unscrew the 510 from the top and it would all just come apart turns out that's not the case [emoji4].

Can any one tell me if it's possible and how to remove the 510 with out having to remove the positive or negative wires, and is this even worth the effort at all.
I also thought of doing that ages ago, but decided against it as I can use it for a backup for if/when my nova breaks. Fired it up the other day, still love the bulky old bugger in all its scratched and dented glory!

Back
Top Bottom