What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

"Rat mod" gets a paint job.

Callum1100

Postman
ImageUploadedByPlanet of the Vapes1407827185.884845.jpg
Exactly as it says
Goes much better with the fogger now.

Sent from my iPhone using Planet of the Vapes

Ahh, that might just be it, didn't use a primer. Used an enamel paint that said it was good to use on metal.
Any tips on primers and paints for copper?

I haven't really worked with copper, just car parts and your usual DIY stuff. But with the amount of handling a mod gets you are going to need some seriously good adhesion I doubt any paint without a primer will do anything other than flake off. If it were me I would take a trip to Halfords and look at the car paints and some wet and dry for slightly roughening the surface. Something like a 1200 grit maybe.

Then I would go and buy said products from a Wilko's Motor Spares or a B+M (the actual shop lol) because Halfords is a rip off lol.

Think I'll avoid hammerite want something I can spray on for a nice finish lol, I'll take a look at some car paints, avoided them before because i assumed they would all be gloss type finishes, and I want more of a matt/ satin finish.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 63
Back
Top Bottom