What's new

Rags beast mod High Voltage Box mods style

I'll try 22mm first as that's what I'm used to building, if it goes tits up, I'll go 28mm XD

Issue is, I centre all my coils and single.strand... single strand centers on 28mm... are a chunt.

I really would buy a 28 - 30 mm rda. 22mm is too restrictive for acceptable wattage. Buy something with a mind towards squonking mods too. Because you will find that thats the direction to go in ;)

Agree with you on the squonking! Only been at it a couple of weeks and I am already fully converted. There is some real joy to using my dripper at 60w with all the flavour and power and no more dripping!

Any idea what 28/30mm atty options are for bottom feed? I haven't had chance to look yet but I have a big 510 and 100W available so bigger atty would be nice as I only have 22mm bottom feeders. I have one of the Fat Daddy converters on the way so hopefully can convert something as well.

Sent from somewhere inside a huge cloud!

I would say we are ahead of the curve, I've not seen a single big atty with bottom feed off the shelf. I more meant a 28mm atty with a threaded centre pin and post. Then it could be centre drilled and drilled 1mm in a lathe and the centre post cross drilled in a pillar drill - squonking mod completed as far as I can tell. I'm hoping the mutation xl is such a beast but I've seen big magmas, asmodus clones and a few others that bare further looking.

Unfortunately I wont be ordering anything till after Christmas, so unless my plan to modify an ocd connector bares fruit, or I can turn my own 30mm bottom feed 510 I need to wait till I can order stuff. :)

I would say we are ahead of the curve, I've not seen a single big atty with bottom feed off the shelf. I more meant a 28mm atty with a threaded centre pin and post. Then it could be centre drilled and drilled 1mm in a lathe and the centre post cross drilled in a pillar drill - squonking mod completed as far as I can tell. I'm hoping the mutation xl is such a beast but I've seen big magmas, asmodus clones and a few others that bare further looking.

Unfortunately I wont be ordering anything till after Christmas, so unless my plan to modify an ocd connector bares fruit, or I can turn my own 30mm bottom feed 510 I need to wait till I can order stuff. :)

Read this post earlier and decided to investigate the centre pin on my 28mm Mutation, I don't think it's thick enough to drill a dog hair sized hole through. The Zenith 26650 (or Mephisto 26650)might be worth a look as these 2 are available with squonking pins arent they?

If the pin is m3 then its suitable. The 26650 zenith seems to be five post so two posts would need "attention" I've been entertaining the idea of a hybrid squonker tbh.

Not everybody's taste but Rags wanted a weathered looking paint job and I think it turned out pretty good.

Box was red and then I painted it green, sanded it in spots so you can see the red, then I painted it at a distance with black to make it look dirty. I painted the silver bits with a small paintbrush so it looks like it has warn down to the metal. Last I rubbed it in spots with a scotchbrite pad to give it an uneven look.

20141114_184056_zps7b40af21.jpg

20141114_184108_zps91e9d4db.jpg

20141114_184118_zpsca5aa8a5.jpg

20141114_184133_zpsff3ff5a5.jpg

20141114_184154_zps81f02f37.jpg

Not everybody's taste but Rags wanted a weathered looking paint job and I think it turned out pretty good.

Box was red and then I painted it green, sanded it in spots so you can see the red, then I painted it at a distance with black to make it look dirty. I painted the silver bits with a small paintbrush so it looks like it has warn down to the metal. Last I rubbed it in spots with a scotchbrite pad to give it an uneven look.

20141114_184056_zps7b40af21.jpg

20141114_184108_zps91e9d4db.jpg

20141114_184118_zpsca5aa8a5.jpg

20141114_184133_zpsff3ff5a5.jpg

20141114_184154_zps81f02f37.jpg

That's a million times better than I could imagine! !!!!
And is already reminding me of stalker and fall out... :D

That's a million times better than I could imagine! !!!!
And is already reminding me of stalker and fall out... :D

Glad you like it :) Funny you mention stalker because that was what I was aiming for.

Glad you like it :) Funny you mention stalker because that was what I was aiming for.

That's not me in the bushes... honestly!

So good to see you played it, loved that game, still do when I'm at mates house with pizza and beer.

That's not me in the bushes... honestly!

So good to see you played it, loved that game, still do when I'm at mates house with pizza and beer.

Stalker was a good game even if it was full of bugs. Was it dogs or wild pigs in the wasteland area?

Back
Top Bottom