What's new

Pulse BF Squonk Box Mod Replacement Switch ?

tudor.popovici11

Initiate
Hi

I've taken this apart and broke a switch pin. I never really liked it anyway, a really poor switch.

Now I'm struggling to find a replacement switch for the Pulse BF box.

It's roughly dimensions are: 19mm diameter at thread level. 22mm top diameter, 15mm length to base, 22mm length including connection pins.

I'm happy to modify it slightly maybe add a mosfet. Haven't decided.

Anyone got any idea?

Hi

I've taken this apart and broke a switch pin. I never really liked it anyway, a really poor switch.

Now I'm struggling to find a replacement switch for the Pulse BF box.

It's roughly dimensions are: 19mm diameter at thread level. 22mm top diameter, 15mm length to base, 22mm length including connection pins.

I'm happy to modify it slightly maybe add a mosfet. Haven't decided.

Anyone got any idea?
have you had alook on modmaker and steathvape see if there’s anything there

Hi Kamido

I have had a look on both websites. Stealthvape has one 19mm but the pins are too close together and separated by a blue block of plastic that isn't helping. Could try to cut that out.

Modmakers only seem to have them up to 16mm which most likely wouldn't cover the hole. They also don't include dimensions schemes for most of them and therefore I wouldn't be able to know the top of the switch dimensions to make sure it covers the hole.

You can buy the mod new for a little over a tenner could you just not replace the full thing?

You can buy the mod new for a little over a tenner could you just not replace the full thing?

Cheap and cheerful mod but really chinesey and awful for conductivity, probably because of the copper connections and a poor switch. Wouldn't buy another because of that, Maybe a druga (in that price range). But I like the box and I thought it'd be worth a try to make it usable with a few extra quid and some soldering magic. :))

Sorry for going slightly off topic. i could replace the full thing for roughly a tenner, but there's no challenge in that :D.

Druga like you said yourself, cracking when refitted.

Dumped the internals out for a new 510 and contacts. Quite happy to have borrowed the enclosure before it hit the bin.

Druga like you said yourself, cracking when refitted.

Dumped the internals out for a new 510 and contacts. Quite happy to have borrowed the enclosure before it hit the bin.

Nice job!

They couldn't have saved more money on that 510 :). Easy to play with though. I would put a switchfet in there and also cut a hole on the other side to push the battery out.

Back
Top Bottom