What's new

presenting "stealthvapes" new battery tube in "Cranked" a dna75c all stabwood hybrid mod

vapesmarter

Mod Maker
in the world of modmaking size is all consuming

so smaller bigger etc

plus screws in faceplates is troubling for some people

dvd?

medicine man

Dr. Robert Campbell: It’s only one fly in the serum. I can’t reproduce it.
Dr. Rae Crane: What do you mean?
Dr. Robert Campbell: None of the new samples work and I have very little of the original serum left. That’s what I mean when I say I can’t reproduce it.
Dr. Rae Crane: Wait a minute. I don’t understand.
Dr. Robert Campbell: What don’t you understand? I found the cure for the fucking plague of the twentieth century and now I’ve lost it. Haven’t you ever lost anything doctor Bronx? Your purse? Your car keys? Well, it’s rather like that: Now you have it and now you don’t.

this mod is a pre production mod its a test item so it's not perfect

the tube is one from rob @stealthvape he has now put this up on facebook so I can mention it here

the battery tube is a game changer the mod is smaller in the hand than any other I have made in a 18650 format but it will take a 28mm atty all the same with ease, now a lot of you guys think big attys are over the top but 2 years ago it was 22mm now its 25mm/26mm as the norm

as a maker I need good connections dna boards fail on the negative not the positive as a whole so with this tube you can solder a solid joint so you get no battery sag no drop in power a hand made mod with good silicone cables will outperform any mass produced mod in the terms of power just due to the fact of the connecting cable

but up until now, you had to use a connection and that power going back to the battery was the problem

also, size this mod is 83mm tall look at the picture of the board mount on the side of the mod its now the mount and board that denotes the size of the mod, not the tube

i speak to rob every other day and have been for weeks this mod is pretty well the only mod that has this tube, its the sample sent to rob he asked me to try this and the smaller 18350 tube. god those talks late at night, sunday mornings, in the bath you name it, this tube is work of a talented chap made with modmaking in mind

there is a block shot listed below in this section of the original block the wood is wisteria

alfIMG_8269.jpg

this is the faceplate

alfIMG_8168.jpg

this is the tube see the negative this won't unwind or get loose its a good strong connection the best i have seen

alfIMG_8384.jpg

this is the board mount on the side of the mod see the size in height

and the mod looks like this

alfIMG_8374.jpg
alfIMG_8375.jpg
alfIMG_8376.jpg
alfIMG_8377.jpg
alfIMG_8378.jpg
alfIMG_8379.jpg

the tube fits in lovely the tube is bang on the width it should rob is an exact man so size is smack on

in the paw 360, I am a small to medium hand size

this will be going to an ape to review on here I'm not bothered what he thinks of the mod we need feedback on the tube in my mind the mod is crap

my thanks go to @stealthvape rob is a brilliant chap and I'm proud to be connected in some way to his endeavours

next time

twin set

amber

a new pipe heading south

orion revamp

or something else

love my mods then like them follow me and buy one

Last edited:
I'm liking the battery cap of these new tubes like the one in contrail over the old MM caps there great and easy to open with sausage fingers like mine [emoji6] and cranked is a nice looking mod too [emoji4]

Exciting times. How much height has this shaved off in comparison to previous 18650 mods.

I'm liking the battery cap of these new tubes like the one in contrail over the old MM caps there great and easy to open with sausage fingers like mine [emoji6] and cranked is a nice looking mod too [emoji4]
LOL knew I wasn't going mad.
Great work as usual Stu & glad you can now reveal. Rob @stealthvape has done a great job with these tubes.

Exciting times. How much height has this shaved off in comparison to previous 18650 mods.

that's hard to explain well no I have a picture here to show so it's really easy but it's another suppliers tube which means then I am saying their tube is shite it isn't

both tubes have a place in the market but I can't show the picture its not the right thing to do

in reality, the tube is 3 fold better In design it's smaller I would say in making terms 8mm to 10mm in height but with the wires now being soldered directly on the tube the connections are really solid the cable won't unscrew and there is no battery drop in the past the connection used rings and screws to clamp down but the battery produces heat so those connections being brass and copper would fur up, on this tube the top is tinned to except solder directly to the tube so in effect rob has covered all bases and designed a tube with mod makers in mind

the mod making industry is evolving and catching up but with the evolution of pod systems it's shrinking I know soon I will have to reconsider what direction to take there is only so many ways to kill a cat and tiddles the cat is pretty flat

if modmakers are reading this wanting a slice of the pie then the party is slowing down I'm afraid

Back
Top Bottom