What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Parallel 18650 Squonk

Mr Ripple

Legend
Hi all.
Im getting geared up to convert the housing of a Dovpo Armour into a parallel 18650 squonker and nearly got all the bits i need.
Im going to mirror the below diagram with the optional master switch included and just want to make sure its correct or if there are any tweeks i should make from those that understand better than me.
Also grateful for any tips or things to look out for.

MOSFET unregulated mod.jpg

Hi all.
Im getting geared up to convert the housing of a Dovpo Armour into a parallel 18650 squonker and nearly got all the bits i need.
Im going to mirror the below diagram with the optional master switch included and just want to make sure its correct or if there are any tweeks i should make from those that understand better than me.
Also grateful for any tips or things to look out for.

View attachment 163321
Defo put a fuse or 2 between the battery jumpers. You'll be in a right pickle if you put the batteries in the wrong way around.

Defo put a fuse or 2 between the battery jumpers. You'll be in a right pickle if you put the batteries in the wrong way around.
Hi bud.
Thank you ill look at this a bit more.
I had dismissed it tbh cos i wasnt sure which ones but also had this wiring diagram below so would these be ok? Or any other recommendations?
One of the reasons i posted was im not sure if the wiring diagrams i have chosen were dated or not.

parallel_battery_n-channel_mosfet.jpg

You have 2 different wiring diagrams above the first has a master switch on the positive I don’t know many switch’s that will handle 70amps

The second hasx the switch on the gate

Also cable size and type needs to be considered

You have 2 different wiring diagrams above the first has a master switch on the positive I don’t know many switch’s that will handle 70amps

The second hasx the switch on the gate

Also cable size and type needs to be considered
Thank you.
Bear with me here as a noob to this.
I looked at the master switch amp loading but took it that the switch just needed to take the amp draw of the coils?

Ive taken some pictures below of what it is like now after dismantling it and included in the picture the parts i have sourced to date along with the links to the bits below.

Ive not found a master switch that will fit yet so would welcome and be greatful for your advise.

The wiring wont change much as its being recycled.

The bottom picture is as far as ive got so far which is fashioning a spacer for the fire button to sit flush.

https://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/thro...3743D37303737373630267374613D3730373737363026

https://www.stealthvape.co.uk/CLONETEC-12MM-DOME-RED?filter_name=Fire button

https://www.stealthvape.co.uk/IRLB3034PbF-N-CHANNEL-MOSFET

20180615_182056.jpg
20180615_182115.jpg
20180615_182126.jpg
20180615_184609.jpg

Test that mosfet rs components are ok but I’ve had a few duff ones so I get mine from rob or ric no failures with there’s

good but those cables from your drain are not

I may be wrong but remember 35 to 75 amps will be blasting through that negative connection
Thank you i will change the wiring.
Pitty cos the connection fitted which came from a smashed up rc copter.

Back
Top Bottom