What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Newbie moder

Tony Hunt

Postman
high guys, not a regular on the forum but been signed up for a while. I thought this the place to get some advice on making my own box mod.
I want duel 18650 but I don’t mind if it’s a series or parallel box. I use both and I know about battery safety and ohms law.
I’m not crazy into electronics but I’m interested and I learn quickly.

My question is which type of mod is easiest to build for my first attempt?

I generally vape around 0.2 - 0.4 between 60 - 85 watts on a reg or around 0.5 - 0.6 on a series
Unreg. So I don’t want to build something that’s not going to suit my style of vaping.

high guys, not a regular on the forum but been signed up for a while. I thought this the place to get some advice on making my own box mod.
I want duel 18650 but I don’t mind if it’s a series or parallel box. I use both and I know about battery safety and ohms law.
I’m not crazy into electronics but I’m interested and I learn quickly.

My question is which type of mod is easiest to build for my first attempt?

I generally vape around 0.2 - 0.4 between 60 - 85 watts on a reg or around 0.5 - 0.6 on a series
Unreg. So I don’t want to build something that’s not going to suit my style of vaping.
A mech squonker looks easiest. you can buy the casing here
https://www.sledz-uk.co.uk/shop/sledz-uk-slb-enclosure/
inside parts button and 510 here.
http://www.modmaker.co.uk/Mod-Making-Supplies/Squonk-Parts

All you need now are a few simple tools a bit of time and patients. by the way this is how to spell MODDER:)

A mech squonker looks easiest. you can buy the casing here
https://www.sledz-uk.co.uk/shop/sledz-uk-slb-enclosure/
inside parts button and 510 here.
http://www.modmaker.co.uk/Mod-Making-Supplies/Squonk-Parts

All you need now are a few simple tools a bit of time and patients. by the way this is how to spell MODDER:)
Thanks for the spell check I’m really not into squonking tbh I’d rather have a duel battery mod for a dripper. Or a duel battery parallel squonker would be ok I suppose. Just can’t be doing with these single battery mods. Just not enough power or battery life for how I like to vape but thanks for the suggestions

Thanks for the spell check I’m really not into squonking tbh I’d rather have a duel battery mod for a dripper. Or a duel battery parallel squonker would be ok I suppose. Just can’t be doing with these single battery mods. Just not enough power or battery life for how I like to vape but thanks for the suggestions
No problem matey, hopefully you get something good made. I did see a duel battery Squonk enclosure on fleabay. But I would consider making a DNA chipped mod if i where you just because the enclosures are available and look easy enough if you can solder and screw stuff together. As said good luck with the creation.

No problem matey, hopefully you get something good made. I did see a duel battery Squonk enclosure on fleabay. But I would consider making a DNA chipped mod if i where you just because the enclosures are available and look easy enough if you can solder and screw stuff together. As said good luck with the creation.
I’ve looked at doing a duel 18650 dna 200 as they do look reasonably easy but I kinda wanted a vv series mod or a unregulated parallel but I’ll keep my eyes open for things and when I do decide and get some bits I’ll throw a post up.

Just a thought DNA wise i would go for the 250 chipset and make a 166 watt, the reason being you have 2amp charging available on the 250 the 200 has 1amp. OK not everyone will use the usb charging but the DNA board balance charges as good if not better than an external charger.
A vv series mech sounds good. I have an Hex ohm clone which is really good to use.

Just a thought DNA wise i would go for the 250 chipset and make a 166 watt, the reason being you have 2amp charging available on the 250 the 200 has 1amp. OK not everyone will use the usb charging but the DNA board balance charges as good if not better than an external charger.
A vv series mech sounds good. I have an Hex ohm clone which is really good to use.
250 sounds cool as well I’ve seen both boards for sale on a few sites. Usb charging isn’t a big concern as I have a 6 bay external charger for batteries for my other mods. 166w would be well enough for me on a reg

Modmaker has the internal contacts for a dual 18650 mod and he did mention where you can get a dual mech box on the ideal ohm show on Thursday but I can't remember but maybe worth checking out

for a newbie the DNA250 is not the easiest board, to begin with, the board uses a balanced charger connection your holes must be perfect for the screen switches and connections plus you need to have the software suite installed to tell the board to work

for a newbie the DNA250 is not the easiest board, to begin with, the board uses a balanced charger connection your holes must be perfect for the screen switches and connections plus you need to have the software suite installed to tell the board to work
@vapesmarter What build would u recommend for a newbie? Do u need to pay for the software to activate the dna board? And if I bought a pre drilled enclosure for the dna board surely that would make it a lot easier??

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom