What's new

Mr Stealthvape you have an order because I am a muppet

Bryan123456

Achiever
Dear Mr Stealthvape,

You have an order because - I am a Muppet, 1st Class.

The idea, my idea was simple, to build a short 18650 Vamo, mounting the tubes side by side. And the cunning yet chaep and aesthetically pleasing means of doing this was - 6 22mm plumbing olives, which I modded and soldered together. I wired it up and did a test and all was working and it was looking - pleasing.

I then filled the top of the battery tube, covering my home made contact pin (bulldog fastener) with resin and glued in place the ring contact to the bottom of the Vamo PCB. I then added more resin around this and let it set.

Oh - what a 1st class Muppet. I should have completely sealed the hole around the PCB. For, whilst I built up a nice base of resin I also glued the PCB solid - the Vamo bittons move not one jot, not an iota everything is glued solid.

I have now ordered a new Vamo PCB - and will attempt a rescue. Have to say it was lookig good and feeling very compact and easy to use prior to this stupid, stupid, stupid error. Doh!

At this point it is very important you understand that i did not burst out laughing, as that would be unfair, so let me just say, you had an idea and tried..sure it failed BUT you tried, now please watch the clip from 2m18s for the end wise words :P .

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear Mr Stealthvape,

You have an order because - I am a Muppet, 1st Class.

The idea, my idea was simple, to build a short 18650 Vamo, mounting the tubes side by side. And the cunning yet chaep and aesthetically pleasing means of doing this was - 6 22mm plumbing olives, which I modded and soldered together. I wired it up and did a test and all was working and it was looking - pleasing.

I then filled the top of the battery tube, covering my home made contact pin (bulldog fastener) with resin and glued in place the ring contact to the bottom of the Vamo PCB. I then added more resin around this and let it set.

Oh - what a 1st class Muppet. I should have completely sealed the hole around the PCB. For, whilst I built up a nice base of resin I also glued the PCB solid - the Vamo bittons move not one jot, not an iota everything is glued solid.

I have now ordered a new Vamo PCB - and will attempt a rescue. Have to say it was lookig good and feeling very compact and easy to use prior to this stupid, stupid, stupid error. Doh!

Welcome to my world Bryan. ;)

Give us a crafty peek when you get it sorted please?

Can you get an epoxy antidote? A quick search found this http://www.wikihow.com/Remove-Epoxy

Although I'm most appreciative of your custom, should be with you tomorrow. Bet you're gutted :(

I'm prone to lining up a load of box mods, filling them up with epoxy them coming back later to find that I've not taped up the holes in the boxes first and there's a huge puddle of glued together mods.

Back
Top Bottom