What's new

MOD Mod V1

Well this project took longer than I had expected but learned a lot of CAD skills while creating it.

I originally intended to make it a 21700 mod but the dimensions were getting a bit too large so I ended up making it an 18650 one, the board is a YiHi 485j (joystick jobby) kindly donated by @Martvb60 , I used a stock battery sled and 510 connector, everything else is 3D printed (7 components) and mostly glued together, the battery door is a magnet fit and everything is solid with no rattles.

Yihi-3D-6.jpg
Yihi-3D-7.jpg
Yihi-3D-8.jpg
Yihi-3D-9.jpg

I quite like that (I think) are you going to do different colours and how much will it cost please.

I quite like that (I think) are you going to do different colours and how much will it cost please.

Colours are easy enough and the side panels and battery door can be customised easily.

I quite like swapping the door colour, I used my earlier LFC one to test.

The board & other bits come out around £70, I mainly did this project to use the YiHi board, a DNA75c works out around the same price so I might try one of those next as I have a spare board.

Things I would change if I had to start again would be a shorter 510 and see if I can shave things down to get at least a 20700 battery in, I really like how light it is and how comfortable it fits into my hand, if I was reviewing it I would be bitching about the height as it's 9mm taller than the Odin which takes a 21700 so I need to work out a better way to mount the battery.

Yihi-3D-10.jpg
Yihi-3D-11.jpg

Very nice,like the colours.Nice and shiney,I guess there was involved alot of sanding :clapping:

Very nice,like the colours.Nice and shiney,I guess there was involved alot of sanding :clapping:
Thanks @shale84
I only sanded the front plate, I kinda wish I hadn't as I prefer the semi matt finish of the rest, the rest is pretty much as printed apart from a little knife work removing any stringing.

That is a very Smart, MOD mod. I really like the whole theme. Are you going to put them up for sale?

That is a very Smart, MOD mod. I really like the whole theme. Are you going to put them up for sale?

Thanks @Coolie27 :)

I'm not sure yet, I would need to refine it a bit first, going to see if I can fit a DNA 75c into it or perhaps do options, a DNA 60 (no colour) would be the cheapest option but I think for the extra then the DNA 75c is far better value, going to do some design changes to see how it would look first.

Back
Top Bottom