What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Mod building help required.

Markybhoy

Hi all,am am looking to take a step forward now and try to make my own mod,iv searched around and found a little info,but a feel not enough yet to do it,was wondering if anyone can help me and send me in the right direction,was needing to know what electric stuff etc is needed,wiring diagrams etc,I've allready got a body for it so it info on the guts of the thing I need to know about,I checked stealth vapes site they seem to have a lot of the equipment on there,but I don't know what I need,if any one can help me that would be great thanks,am only gonna start off making a basic one then hopefully move up to vv devices etc,so info on any of this at all would be much appreciated.

Aye I seeing that but they might have most of the gear,but its the instructions kind of thing am looking for aswell see I wouldna no what to order,or how to put thing together,how do I go about get the discount thing mate

What sort of thing you thinking of making bud?

Are you just thinking a small box mod to start?

Aye I seeing that but they might have most of the gear,but its the instructions kind of thing am looking for aswell see I wouldna no what to order,or how to put thing together,how do I go about get the discount thing mate

I like to watch VTTV, great information for all levels of vapers, but you would be interested in 'Tin Your Tip' here :grin2:

An looking to just do the basics first like convert a Baccy tin,like simple baterry and switch set up,then maybe move on to adding varable voltage,to the box,but don't know about the circuit stuff that's what I need to know if i seen wiring diagrams of mods then i could understand what wire goes where etc and kinda follow the example,once I feel comfortable with they set ups I'd be looking on converting some every day items into mods lol,my next step up from the tin would proberly be a copper pipe mod,getting the copper and fittings wouldna be a problem cause am a plumber.

If nobody else comes up with anything, my wife has just done a couple of box mods followed by a vv, so on the basis she is certainly no electrical whiz, I'll try and find what resources she used if you wish bud :D

Failing that, she occasionally pops up on here, imaginatively titled mrsvapemonkey1980 so you have my permission, on this occasion to tap up my wife :D

How's this for a simple wiring diagram mate? Click here It used to be on my website for reference. As has been pointed out, Rob at Stealthvape carries all the bits and bobs you'll need for the innards. The diagram makes reference to a stepdown board - ignore that bit, it's a cut and paste error, which I've only just noticed! OOPS!

You'll need a 510 connector, battery holder, 3A rated switch, superglue and epoxy resin or putty, wire and solder for the guts.
I used a step up drill for making the atty and switch holes (don't go at it like a bull at a gate, otherwise you'll roger your tin).
Make sure you insulate all of your connections to avoid the battery shorting if a wire comes loose, the tin is crushed, aliens invade etc.
You can add a latching switch in the circuit to act as an isolation switch, if you want.

Hope this helps?

Cheers! :2thumbsup:

Thank you mod maker much appreciated,that's what I was looking for,you wouldna happen to have diagrams with vv and vw etc you give me,or a link to site that has all the info.thanks.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom