What's new

Measuring amps.

Go for it ninjaman. Just like rebuildables, you learn along the way. I know a little more now than I did but only because I got stuck in. You can scale buildings, creep around silently in the night and knock people out with a single finger. Making a mod should be easy for you! ;-)

Sent from somewhere just south on our nations capital.

True I suppose but I'll do a wee bit of homework first - main thing I'm struggling with is what wire to buy I'm gonna be making a double 14500 unregulated mod to start with in parallel

Sent from my HTC One X using Planet of the Vapes mobile app

True I suppose but I'll do a wee bit of homework first - main thing I'm struggling with is what wire to buy I'm gonna be making a double 14500 unregulated mod to start with in parallel

I would say you don't need super thick wires for that. Try to get your head around what amps that will pull and get wire that's a bit bigger than you need. I'm still a bit confused by wire amps myself as there's a chassis amperage and a power amperage. Best thing you can do is melt a few things, I'm sure we all have and learned from it :-)

I would say you don't need super thick wires for that. Try to get your head around what amps that will pull and get wire that's a bit bigger than you need. I'm still a bit confused by wire amps myself as there's a chassis amperage and a power amperage. Best thing you can do is melt a few things, I'm sure we all have and learned from it :-)

Ok I'll melt a few bits n pieces - what's a good wire to start with I'd never go lower than 0.5ohms so the most I'd be pulling would be around 9amps

Ok I'll melt a few bits n pieces - what's a good wire to start with I'd never go lower than 0.5ohms so the most I'd be pulling would be around 9amps

Follow Seedys lead & go rob the missuses washing machine mains cable,strip off the outer cover that is holding the 3 wires in a single cable & use that.Or the toaster cable,or the kettle lead etc.

If the missus insists that you're not fucking up her kitchen hardware,pop into a model shop & buy some of the modelers cabling,that stuff can handle some pretty awesome currents apparently.

Follow Seedys lead & go rob the missuses washing machine mains cable,strip off the outer cover that is holding the 3 wires in a single cable & use that.Or the toaster cable,or the kettle lead etc.

If the missus insists that you're not fucking up her kitchen hardware,pop into a model shop & buy some of the modelers cabling,that stuff can handle some pretty awesome currents apparently.

Cheers chegs I'll have a go and see what I come up wi

I cut an old kettle cable and the wires are slightly thinner but much more flexible than the household wire. I'm pretty sure it'll be good for quite a few amps.

Many thanks to all the contributors to this thread.
It's been a bl00dy good read and I may even have learned a little!
If anyone knows of any similar DIY mod threads then please do let me know as it's quite difficult using the search function to find stuff that you should read up on before attempting your own build!
You lot are all up there with Nikola Tesla as far as I'm concerned!
R

Many thanks to all the contributors to this thread.
It's been a bl00dy good read and I may even have learned a little!
If anyone knows of any similar DIY mod threads then please do let me know as it's quite difficult using the search function to find stuff that you should read up on before attempting your own build!
You lot are all up there with Nikola Tesla as far as I'm concerned!
R

Was he a wire melter too? ;-)
Maybe its the geek in me but I get excited building these things. Each time I build one I learn something.
My shed if full of stuff now! The next one is going to be a biggie for me and I can't wait.
Enjoy your building Rob

I wasn't going to start tinkering but my ego batteries kept dying at stupid o'clock leaving me with nothing to power my clearomizers, so I hurriedly chucked a couple of ex-laptop batteries in an old baccy tin and the rest as they say is history. (Though they forgot to mention all the swearing, burnt fingers, ridiculous hours and money that gets spent chasing ever more power:rofl:

Sent from my SM-T210 using Planet of the Vapes mobile app

Back
Top Bottom