What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Measuring amps.

Seedy I'd simply go for the thickest copper cored multi-strand cable I could use without having to compromise on component arrangement. If you can use solid core cables,I would but they can be difficult to work round the restricted spaces. I fully intend routing my negatives via the case rather than adding more wiring(as it is always the negative end of my battery that gets hot in my Kylin/Sigelei mods when a problem occurs)

I got all my bits from Farnell yesterday so the mosfet build has started. I even made a circuit board for the tactile switch, slide switch, led, mosfet and resistors. It actually works! :-)
Im going to use mains wire if I can squeeze it in. The wife may throb a bit about the washing machine not working and the big long vertical hole in the wall, but its all in a good cause! ;-)
I would connect to the case but in this build I'm using a mosfet.
Hopefully get it finished today.

Sent from somewhere just south on our nations capital.

Last edited:
Bugger bugger bastard bugger! That moment when you realise you're trying to put too much in a small enclosure. Fiddle, solder, push it in, wires break, re-solder, glue, broken something that's glued in. Sod this for a game of soldiers! 10 hours wasted. Not a happy modder! :'(

Gimme a hint? Wtf are you trying to squeeze into what size? I've just received a collection of emails to say most of my orders are on their way,and as there's a couple of Hammond boxes (clones)I'll be an angry bastard if my plans get thwarted by lack of fucking space :rofl:

Sent by lazer from just north of the world's largest nuclear dustbin

http://uk.farnell.com/hammond/27969psla/box-diecast-shallow-lid/dp/301516
92x38x31mm.
USB charger, diy circuit board with slide switch, tactile switch with cap, led, mosfet, 2xresistors, 2x14500 in series.
The tactile switch with cap and slide switch were slightly too high to fit the 510 in centrally putting pressure on the circuit board. The battery box was too wide to fit between the lid screw holes so it overlapped the circuit board too. Slightly too narrow to get a thick wire by the side so tried going over the top of the battery holder. I ended up breaking the slide switch somehow and only realised when I glued it all in. Ripped it all out and was going to replace the slide switch but the circuit board broke so gave up. It was too much of a squeeze. Next time a bigger box!

On a plus though, it was my first attempt at making a circuit board with a mosfet and I did test it before it went in and it worked so I'm going to take that as a positive.
I've also found a 15 - 20a step down board which will do the job for the dual power mod. Need some boxes now though. Where did you find cheap ones Chegs?

Last edited:
Ok well I was gonna make a box mod but after reading this thread I think I need to go back to school amps watts mosfets??? I'm one very confused ninja

Sent from my HTC One X using Planet of the Vapes mobile app

Ok well I was gonna make a box mod but after reading this thread I think I need to go back to school amps watts mosfets??? I'm one very confused ninja

Sent from my HTC One X using Planet of the Vapes mobile app

Go for it ninjaman. Just like rebuildables, you learn along the way. I know a little more now than I did but only because I got stuck in. You can scale buildings, creep around silently in the night and knock people out with a single finger. Making a mod should be easy for you! ;-)

Back
Top Bottom