What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

lost vape orion strip and revamp side panel thing part one

vapesmarter

Mod Maker
a good friend sent me a pod system (he's a twat)

so here is your Orion strip down and redo type making thread

no DVD as its a pod and pods don't deserve DVDs

part one

a. get a large hammer on standby.......

b. buy some glasses as the screws are tiny

c. buy another set from poundland as they are really "shit me that's small" tiny

d and some envelopes

to strip

the Orion is a wonderful thing it's small and uses the DNA go board, but in reality, it is very well made and is tiny, Q "how does it vape stu?" a." no idea haven't even tried it"

first thing

get onto fleabay and buy a set of watchmakers screwdrivers

you need a set that's a 48 piece thing as it will have the tips you will need
which are

a tiny torq
b a tri-wing
c and a tiny Phillips

IMG_8348.jpg

you have one chance here, so get the right screwdrivers

the one side is secured by 2 tri-wing screws
the other side is secured by 1 tri-wing

remove these, they are tight to start but do come out

notice the white paper that's so I can see them, they are tiny, get yourself set up if you drop them they are gone, lost forever

IMG_8347.jpg

take out the 2 x tiny torq from the base, the sides and top will drop off with the pod clip and bar so be careful they will quite literally fall off

IMG_8346.jpg

now with the sides off and bottom off undo the 2 Phillips from the top which will come off this leaves you with the battery and the board with the sides still attached the sides are glued on with double sided tape so just lift the sides off being careful not to stab yourself or the battery

put all the screws separately into envelopes don't mix them up stupid

ok done so what now stu

dunno

new sides in sterling silver? copper, resin...easy yes

well no the side panels are 1.2mm thick to be flat with the sides

part 2 soonish

god, I hate pods.....

I somehow picked up the habit of fixing people's iPhones at work and God they have tiny acres all different lengths too. Heart breaking when one hits the floor

I get a big slab of Blu-tac when I do stuff like this and stuff the screws in there (in appropriate patterns) as I take them out. It IS an absolute nightmare if you drop them! :17:

I thought with a pod system dismantle involved a 14lb lump hammer. [emoji375][emoji375][emoji375]

All's well that ends well Stu at the end ..........
How i missed part one and read part two 1st i dont no............:banghead:...........

Back
Top Bottom