What's new

Lipos revisited

While your talking about raptor builds, I read somewhere that a 470 pot will work.
This is what I've got so do I need to use a different resistor?

Your 470R pot should work fine, you will probably end up with a sharper control though.
I used a 1 turn 200R pot and it goes up in power nicely but even that only needs small adjustments.

If you remove the base resistor I think this may cause problems with the voltage going too low?

I'm having the same fun with the 2200's they are a PITA size, I cant see me ever using them.

I have just completed a raptor build and I am really pleased with it, the control works very well. Do you have the Mamu diagram for raptor build? if not I will post it up.

Not a diagram as such, it is a colour image of the Raptor with (mamu across it)what looks like felt pen lines indicating what goes to where. The bit that's confused me is, there's a mosfet connected to a pin on the Raptor(righthand side looking at the components side of the Raptor)and there's a 2nd mosfet shown below left of the switch.

With that issue sorted, one or 2 mosfets, the PCB is ready for connecting power to. Quick test to check it works before I then replace all wiring with much heavier duty wires, as I doubt that the tiny little skinny pieces I've used are suitable for a ni-mh battery let alone lipo pack. I only bunged the skinny wire in so I could more easily visualise the completed board with its components.

Your 470R pot should work fine, you will probably end up with a sharper control though.
I used a 1 turn 200R pot and it goes up in power nicely but even that only needs small adjustments.

If you remove the base resistor I think this may cause problems with the voltage going too low?
Cheers Eddie. I'll give it a go and swap it if needed. What i read was that a high resistance pot just makes the low voltage point slightly higher. I guess I'll find out. I'm going to make a knob for it anyway so I should have good control.

Back
Top Bottom