What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Lipos revisited

I got ones these 0-15A 5-15V (200W) Adjustable Bench Top Power Supply - Fusion PS200ADJ | eBay

It would be a pretty good investment for your shop for testing purposes.

I agree. The shop needs more tools. For the business of coarse ;)
What do you think of this: ZJchao DC/DC 15A Buck Adjustable 4-32V 12V to 1.2-32V: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics
I bought one of these before the days of modders chips. It's sitting here doing nothing. I think a new box mod power supply is coming on ;)

I agree. The shop needs more tools. For the business of coarse ;)
What do you think of this: ZJchao DC/DC 15A Buck Adjustable 4-32V 12V to 1.2-32V: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics
I bought one of these before the days of modders chips. It's sitting here doing nothing. I think a new box mod power supply is coming on ;)

Mm mm, not sure that would be very useful as you will need another supply to feed that to then feed the charger.

The one i have is 240v input and switchable output, guessing it's like the one BDB linked but links not working for me.

Sent from somewhere inside a huge cloud!

Mm mm, not sure that would be very useful as you will need another supply to feed that to then feed the charger.

The one i have is 240v input and switchable output, guessing it's like the one BDB linked but links not working for me.

Use what you've got I say.
By Jeeves, it only blooming works ;)

power.jpg

Sorry didn't realise you actually had one of those, obvious on reading your post again.

Nice one!

Some good stuff raised in here. I will add my tuppence worth, from my experience in RC.

Don't forget its easy to parallel these relatively small LiPo packs up, for example
https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=34561

20C rated, 1000 mAh capacity. That means a continous current limit of 20A. Nice.

Right, lets make that into a 1S 2P pack, which gives us 2000 mAh capacity. Our current limit is now 40A.

Lets go even further and push that to a 1S 3P pack, now at 3000 mAh capacity. Current limit of 60A

This pack will be 63 x 34 x 18mm so basically the same size as 2x 18650 batteries. For 6 quid.

You don't need a balance charger until you start venturing into 2S territory. Some good wiring here R/C Calculations

Up and running ;)
Mission "I will use my LiPo Ballance Charger today".
I had a 19v laptop power pack that needed stepping down so I dug out some bits and doctored it.
Not pretty but it works a treat. I may even have a go at mains vaping with this step down. It's got the power. I had one of these knocking around from before the chips were available but it was too big to build a decent mod with so I put it to use.

The things I'll do to save a tenner ;)

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg

Nice one Seedy. Can't give you a thumb up cos it still isn't working.

Ghetto solutions are the best I think, gives an inordinate sense of satisfaction.

My personal Ghetto highpoint was making a record cleaning machine out of a cut down bookcase I got from work, a vacuum cleaner from free cycle and an old atx power supply for the drive motor which was an old car electric window motor!

Nice one Seedy. Can't give you a thumb up cos it still isn't working.

Ghetto solutions are the best I think, gives an inordinate sense of satisfaction.

My personal Ghetto highpoint was making a record cleaning machine out of a cut down bookcase I got from work, a vacuum cleaner from free cycle and an old atx power supply for the drive motor which was an old car electric window motor!
Sounds like a proper bit of kit. I just need a case now for the pack, stepdown and charger so its nice and neat ;-)

Back
Top Bottom