What's new

Lipos revisited

RicModMaker

Vendor
Going to bite the bullet and as size does matter to me, I need to get the cell size down for an SX350 100w build.
I've found a 1500mah 2s pack that will do the job but I want to charge it without taking it out of the box so....
I'm after a safe small and cheap balance charger what can handle JST connectors.
I'm sure people have talked about it before but I can't find the thread.
Anyone got any advice?
Cheers

Going to bite the bullet and as size does matter to me, I need to get the cell size down for an SX350 100w build.
I've found a 1500mah 2s pack that will do the job but I want to charge it without taking it out of the box so....
I'm after a safe small and cheap balance charger what can handle JST connectors.
I'm sure people have talked about it before but I can't find the thread.
Anyone got any advice?
Cheers

An idea would be to put a charging plug in the mod and then you can charge it with an external charger.

1500mah for a 100watt mod seems a bit on the low side. At 30+ watts I have to change a 2500mah battery at least twice a day.

An idea would be to put a charging plug in the mod and then you can charge it with an external charger.

1500mah for a 100watt mod seems a bit on the low side. At 30+ watts I have to change a 2500mah battery at least twice a day.
That's the plan. It will be rare that I use anywhere near 100w though and as I want it small, I'm happy to use a smaller pack.

That's the plan. It will be rare that I use anywhere near 100w though and as I want it small, I'm happy to use a smaller pack.

Why not use the sx350 50watt and put the batts in parallel then you get more mah, makes more sense. 1500mah is nothing for anything above 10watts. Just my opinion its your mod.

I'm probably way off in my thinking so put me straight.
If I have 1000mah 7.4v pack in a 100w mod and a 2000mah 3.7 battery in a 50w mod, Vaping at the same wattage should mean the battery lasts the same amount of time?

I'm probably way off in my thinking so put me straight.
If I have 1000mah 7.4v pack in a 100w mod and a 2000mah 3.7 battery in a 50w mod, Vaping at the same wattage should mean the battery lasts the same amount of time?

No, half the time for the 7.4 1000mah mod. Volts mean nothing when it comes to battery life its the mah.

Edit: Because I'm not a battery or electrical engineer have a hard time explaining this to others (maybe somebody else can). battery life = battery capacity in milli amps per hour / load current in mill amps * 0.70

Last edited:
No, half the time for the 7.4 1000mah mod. Volts mean nothing when it comes to battery life its the mah.
In getting educated here. If that's the case, how come my 100w mod with 2 batteries in series lasts twice as long as my 50w mod with a single battery. Both vaping at the same wattage but both with the same mah configuration?

In getting educated here. If that's the case, how come my 100w mod with 2 batteries in series lasts twice as long as my 50w mod with a single battery. Both vaping at the same wattage but both with the same mah configuration?

Because the amperage is less I would think. Now you got me thinking :)

Because the amperage is less I would think. Now you got me thinking :)
Me too. If I'm wrong it'll be a waste of time but I'm thinking a 7.4 1500mah pack will be the equivalent of a 3000mah single cell. At the moment my sx mods are running with 3.7 2500mah cells so I should get a bit more time out of the lipo pack. I hope I'm right because I want a small 350 100w mod.

Set you both mods to the same wattage, check the out put voltage and ohms, do a ohms law calc for the amps. If the amps are the same then the series batts will last half as long as the parallel batts.

Edit: or maybe I'm thinking wrong and its the input voltage.

Back
Top Bottom