What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

It's alive mwhahaha - new Yihi project time

This project is ending up being epic but I'm spending most of the time learning new assembly skills in Fusion 360, most of it is done, just working on the battery mount.

YiHi Assembly v1.png

@Vapaneezer Scrooge thinking about the same. There are 2 options that I found sound. First is to make the battery compartment about 4 mm taller than the battery, then glue battery contacts to it. Flat ones like it the pic are much nicer than spring like ones.
Second option is to use springy battery department. Sound odd but found a few on thingiverse. Check the second pic. Just needs a contact but it's springy on its own and should last a long time if printed with filament that is a little bit flexible like PETG. Just search thingiverse for flexing battery holder. Hope it helps...
Screenshot_20200910-102820.jpg
Screenshot_20200910-103433.jpg

@Vapaneezer Scrooge thinking about the same. There are 2 options that I found sound. First is to make the battery compartment about 4 mm taller than the battery, then glue battery contacts to it. Flat ones like it the pic are much nicer than spring like ones.
Second option is to use springy battery department. Sound odd but found a few on thingiverse. Check the second pic. Just needs a contact but it's springy on its own and should last a long time if printed with filament that is a little bit flexible like PETG. Just search thingiverse for flexing battery holder. Hope it helps... View attachment 227961View attachment 227962
I've ended up using a Capstone sled and making a base plate to mount it onto, I did have some clips as you shown but I had access mounting issues with the wiring and firmness of the contacts, after a couple of test pieces I resorted back to a sled.

Printed a shell assembly in draft resolution, quite pleased with it so far.

Yihi-3D-4.jpg
Yihi-3D-5.jpg

Back
Top Bottom