What's new

It's a bit of a monster...

Been on there a couple of times but saw nothing that made me sit reading posts the entire night. I think I need look and ask questions on a model r/c site, mainly about the ESC 's as I don't recall seeing 3 output wires from those I looked at earlier. I did notice they had several wires on the battery side loom which I expect is for the model receiver.

Sent by lazer from just north of the world's largest nuclear dustbin

I like your madness boys, i have it in me too. Reach for the stars as youll probably be seeing them pretty soon when your shit explodes! :-)

Last edited:
Been on there a couple of times but saw nothing that made me sit reading posts the entire night. I think I need look and ask questions on a model r/c site, mainly about the ESC 's as I don't recall seeing 3 output wires from those I looked at earlier. I did notice they had several wires on the battery side loom which I expect is for the model receiver.

Sent by lazer from just north of the world's largest nuclear dustbin

I run brushless cars, so that's all I really know with ESCs. If you can figure out how to make something usable then it's another handy tool in the box :)

I'm talking to the board designers on blf. You can pulse a fet with pwm to limit the actual current a device sees, its one way of giving modes on an led torch. With a little poking at the programming including a high enough pwm frequency to counteract the "rattle snake effect" we should be able to build a module, its easier for us than in a torch design because we are not limited by space as much, their pushing 5a through a 17mm diameter disk. If we are sticking to box mods, we should be able to come up with a diyXX board.

Most esc's are now intended for brushless motors that are 3 phase, hence the three wires, but there shouls be some more antique ones available for the old dc can motors, I had one that pulled a good 100a from sub c packs years ago.

I just feel that with the right input we can do something better. I didn't get home till half nine last night and promptlt passed out but I'll try to have a word tonight, I've still some currency over there and this may peak peoples interest as its similar to what we do with led emitters - try and keep voltage high enough to maintain high emitter vf then more current will flow.

I've just had another look round breaktru's forum,& now I remember what it was I found uninteresting,he isn't that interested in wicked power as his mods all seem to be squarely aimed at no more than 30 watts.There IS however a modder on there was talking of a bigger power device(but forgotten who it was,& even what his planned output was)

As soon as I read the words "3 phase" my brain resumed its meltdown,it's like a form of dyslexia but applies to the thought processes is about the best description.The information goes in,but refuses to form into any order and lumps of the data input then just vacate my thoughts when I try to organize the information.Years ago,my dad built a prototype power manipulator and was only able to purchase 3 phase motors to power it,so I vaguely recall him trying to explain the difference between them & "standard" motors but as this was 40 odd years ago when I was still in short trousers and he was doing the "I'm a scientist so you wouldn't understand" (metallurgist) explanation that generally indicated that he didn't actually want to have to explain it went straight over my head.

If modern ESC are for 3 phase,and older devices aren't then IF I found a supply,surely they'd be limited supplies thus making multi-project builds a little tricky?I feel the need to go do a shedload of reading,use the internet as a research tool & see if I can relearn the method of asking the right questions in the right order. :rofl:

Brilliant simply wonderful take your skillz to the dragons den :)

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Planet of the Vapes mobile app

Back
Top Bottom