What's new

innokin itaste VV teardown

emba

Postman
i had a broken itaste vv on the side from a friend, so after fixing my evic i decided to have a crack at gutting that.

first ill say im sorry but i didnt take any pictures while doing it, i just started but ive added some pics f the innards, the thing that killed it was just that the battery had decided it had just had enough.

on to the internals start by popping the bottom cap off and sliding out the display/VVboard careful here as there are wires both to the chage point and wires from the other side of the board connecting to the battery and button board at the top. the battery in question is a tabbed 14450 and despite many sites claiming the itaste VV at 900mah the battery inside it is stamped 750mah.

also note if you want to open it up you will have to cut some wires at one end or the other, i suggest the ones that connect to the charging port as there are only two of them. once youve cut the wires you will need s small flat screw driver to work between the top section with the 510 ego connector on and lever it out to the point where you can slide it out. the button should fall out but you will have to prise the surround out, it may bend the tube a little but its easy to bend back.

once you are at this point the whole assembly should slide out and there you have it, disassembled itaste VV, to put it back together just reverse the process and reconnect the wires, or do like i intend to and make it into a new mod entirely (not sure what yet though)

Full assembly without battery
IMG_20130303_183916.jpg

bottom board
IMG_20130303_183923.jpg

Top board and button
IMG_20130303_183931.jpg

Casing and charging end
IMG_20130303_184011.jpg

Battery
IMG_20130303_184035.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20130303_183916.jpg
    IMG_20130303_183916.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 767
Thanks for posting - I found it very interesting having a look inside one of these.

I am sure they were advertised as 800mah - so a bit naughty having a 750mah battery inside !
It doesn't make a lot of difference, but they should have been sold as 750mah, people still would have bought them (especially as they are passthroughs)

Hi i knwo this an old thread but to be fair this is the only thread on entire google i found that has someone being able to disassemble it. I was hoping you could clarify how you exactly taken the bottom part of. I managed to break a charging pin which is within the battery part and i need to replace the charging module, do you think thats possible without damaging it too heavily ?

I've just had the exact same problem this morning. The charging pin has broken off in the charger and both are now knackered. Be interested if anyone's been able to fix this.

Temporary solution I have come up with is to push a small piece of wire into the hole in the charger. This then connects to the broken charging point inside the battery.

Temporary solution I have come up with is to push a small piece of wire into the hole in the charger. This then connects to the broken charging point inside the battery.

Cheers! Your idea saved me. I stuck a pin all the way down the charger and trimmed it off with 3mm sticking out. Plugged it in and it now charges - thanks!

hey, the fire button is sticking really bad, my fault as i filled an atomiser incorrectly and pretty sure th juice got down the side of the button, is there an easy way just to clean around the fire button as its my only mod atm dont want to totally dissasemble and break it

:anyone:Hi, I have the battery stripped down through necessity, and my question is at the switch end, I have the 2 wires a red and a grew wire ....lookin at them. I would say that they attach to the silver end cap, which houses the actual switch, one to the post and the other to earth the casing ,
I was tryin to figure it out from your pictures but there isn't an image of the wires attaching,. Can you remember which colour wire was going to either earth or the post.
I'm guessing red is live and goes to the centre post, and my grey wire is earth.
Any help is appreciated, Tia. Kam :-)

Have you put the bits in another mod yet? I have the same vv sitting here and want to put the guts in a mod.

Back
Top Bottom