What's new

Help & Advise Please

Mr Ripple

Legend
I'm rubbish with electronics and as a kid I was in my element taking things apart but not so great at putting them back together.

Anyway I got a bit bored and decided that I could doctor a sxk zero mini to take a 21700 battery.
Crazy i know but I have two and this one gets used as a beater so thought why not.

I've got it in there and it is working fine but it was a very tight fit and had to cut the 510 spring in half and its left the 510 assembly a little precarious to say the least.

Thats not to say I think its not safe as when the battery is in there it holds everything very snugly in place but I'm not happy leaving it like it is but don't know what to do to make it better.

I had thought of just taking the spring out and replacing it for a slither of pva foam which would probably allow me to use the atty without the gaskets which I'm having to use atm.

I need some help and advise please as to what I should do and bare in mind I'm not very good with things like this.

Heres what it looks like atm.

20201220_203026.jpg
20201220_203103.jpg

this is a real tricky one the only reason I'm not wading in and saying its a bomb is because I know you and you're a good ape and friend plus I wouldn't be that cruel but if the positive battery top rub on the connection when you take out the battery after a few times this can in effect expose the shoulder of the battery when you next put the battery in you can get a hard short the board won't stop it as its the connection.

but we all have to learn and start somewhere and your doing a mod, so I'm all for that but always think on the side of caution

it's better if I show you see the circle there is the danger so if the positive connection bridges the gap between the centre of the battery and the edge or sometimes gets near it can jump the gap see the tiny tear in the wrap at the top

the c frame is your negative connection on that mod

20201220_203026.jpg

Hot glue or something like that maybe? I don't think I'd want the + connection flapping around like that to be honest.

Back
Top Bottom