What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Has anyone ever made an "improved" version of their favourite vape stick?

Noobienomore

Initiate
Having had it pointed out to me recently just how few tube vapes had removable batteries smaller than 18650 - and even those fairly rare, and not particularly high quality, I'm interested in making a tube with a small (18500? 18350?) removable battery, possibly with a micro USB port for emergencies?
18650 tubes are simply too big and bulky to carry around, let alone a box mod - half the joy of vaping for me is that I no longer need to bring 2, 3 packs of cigs out with me to a day in the pub, no lighter required, and I have weaned myself off the ciggies enough that I actually vape very little - a 3.5, 4ml tank will do me all night without charging or refilling.
I would be able to pick my own battery with a decent capacity, and would probably base it on the sub-ohm tank from a Vaporesso Sky Solo.
I rarely need to change a coil, only vaping menthol, and mix my own, so carrying an extra 10mls of juice and a spare battery wouldn't be a hardship.
I have a degree in Mechanical engineering and know a fair bit of electronics - the first 2 years of my 4 year degree were shared with the Electronic Engineers, as well as the extra material's sciences.
No real need for an Oled Screen, or adjustable wattage - as I'll be using the tank and coil from my favourite daily carry, that is pretty much set in stone. Or, I might pick bits to vary things a little around a fixed point.
I have access to an "old skool" lathe, and my Uncle is a wizard on it - he may be half blind, but "You read the numbers, son, and I'll stop when I need to".
I'm thinking simple Aluminium tube, probably part knurled, a custom button and possibly twist wattage control around the sweet spot for my chosen coil again POSSIBLY an Oled screen or just go by how it vapes.
I know it may well end up expensive, and nothing compared to the fantastic creations I have seen on here - but it would be how I like it, with no niggling faults that annoy me day to day with "top fill" tanks like the Vaporesso veco solo.

There may well end up being a Mk1,2,3 or more of this "grail" (for me) tube, before I get it just how I like it - but I enjoy building things and striving for my version of perfection.

I'm going to have a look at some of the parts available from suppliers on here, and probably draw it up in 3D CAD to make sure everything will fit!

I did made a few 3d printed mod and all I can say is go for it,it seems it vapes better when it's made by you even it's not a best looking mod.
Did you check Stratum zero 18350 mod,comes with mosfet as well,maybe you can get idea from that

I did made a few 3d printed mod and all I can say is go for it,it seems it vapes better when it's made by you even it's not a best looking mod.
Did you check Stratum zero 18350 mod,comes with mosfet as well,maybe you can get idea from that

I haven't actually, because I don't have access to a 3d printer, but do have to a lathe! And I prefer shiny polished ally with knurling where needed - half the pleasure of using a vape is the (perceived) quality.
I'll have a look at that Stratum mod, any ideas are always interesting - I've been searching for months for the "perfect for me" vape stick, but they have features I don't want, or don't have features I do want!

Well, that Stratum mod is fantastic looking. So, not being the type to fork out $230 for a vape, I bought a $20 clone from FT.
One thing - in this pic, can anyone identify the tank fitted to it?

It probably costs more than my bed, and I have a few 22mm tanks anyway, but it has great aesthetics, and no doubt someone has a reasonably priced clone... all purely for research, of course. :)

@Noobienomore
upload_2019-11-6_6-22-35.jpeg
upload_2019-11-6_6-22-35.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom