What's new

Hana DNA40 build thread High Voltage Box Mods style :)

BaDaBooM

Mod Maker
k9y4KRL.png

So lets put a DNA40 in a Cana with led firing button.

Parts list:
Fat Daddy 510
Battery holder 18650
Tactile switches
USB charger
DNA40 chip (Hopefully one with a working screen, check the dna40 spec sheet first batch of boards had faulty screens)
Wire (Check the dna40 spec sheet for what wires to use)
Led 12mm firing button
2mm plastic sheet to make a chip holder out of.
9mm drill bit
12mm drill bit
m10x1mm tap
Resistor

Parts and stuff :)
EoIGXDp.jpg

Drill and tap the 510 hole, 9mm drill bit and a m10x1mm tap. Don't know how to drill and tap? youtube it :)
XhDQLpC.jpg

Next drill the firing button hole. I center mine and move it 0.4mm down towards the tactile buttons, this will give the fat daddy a little extra room.
gdaadkf.jpg

510: This just some different ways of doing the 510. Silver is just drilled and tapped. Green one has been machined so the nut can be used, I like the nut way the best but it only works with a magnetic door.

Led firing button: You have to make a notch for the firing switch nut, as seen on the silver one.

I open the the wire slots between the chip compartment and the battery compartment for thicker wires. Remember to round the edges of so they are not sharp.
ZQyB4OU.jpg

Nice work! I do like those colours, that Red definitely does it for me!

I have added DNA 40 to the long list of builds, I am very interested to see how they work out in real world. A mate has just ordered a Vapor Flask 40 and I will no doubt get a chance to play with that when it arrives.

Nice work! I do like those colours, that Red definitely does it for me!

I have added DNA 40 to the long list of builds, I am very interested to see how they work out in real world. A mate has just ordered a Vapor Flask 40 and I will no doubt get a chance to play with that when it arrives.

Clone boxes are quite nice, all are anodized except for the black ones.

Clone boxes are quite nice, all are anodized except for the black ones.

I don't think they can be beaten for value as none of the Hamond type project boxes really make sense with a single 18650, none that I could find anyway YMMV. The Hana clone boxes are the best option for "the working man" or to put it another way short of making a custom box which it is much much more money and BaDaBooM can do that to.

I am really liking my DNA40 for RTAs the pre heat & temp limiting makes a much better vape, you can over power and run the tank dry while still getting a good vape.

Looking amazing as always, where did you source the chips? I couldnt find any thought they were just getting sold to a couple of retail mod makers at the minute, nice there out there but where lol

Looking amazing as always, where did you source the chips? I couldnt find any thought they were just getting sold to a couple of retail mod makers at the minute, nice there out there but where lol

Bargain vapor sell them

Back
Top Bottom