What's new

Gripper mod has stopped working ???

$upermac

Postman
hello everyone looking for some help here my Gripper mod has stopped working ,
Anyone want to explain what wires should be going where?
this has got to be one of the easiest question ever haha not for me tho
View attachment 4572

Last edited:
Which gripper? the VV version or basic?

Didnt see the pic when I posted.

I got one of these and it broke after a about 5 hours or so. The connector inside started to spin when trying to take out the carto, snapped the wires and come out still stuck on the bottom
so I sent it back and got a replacement.
If sending it back isnt an option then they are really simple devices so you could open it up and re solder the crappy flimsy wires and use some hot glue to hold the connector in properly. It is only held in place with a tiny bit of plastic.

Didnt see the pic when I posted.

I got one of these and it broke after a about 5 hours or so. The connector inside started to spin when trying to take out the carto, snapped the wires and come out still stuck on the bottom
so I sent it back and got a replacement.
If sending it back isnt an option then they are really simple devices so you could open it up and re solder the crappy flimsy wires and use some hot glue to hold the connector in properly. It is only held in place with a tiny bit of plastic.

i added the pic after ;)

ok so theres a wire from the connector to the switch
a wire from the connector to the battery thread (earth i think)

is that right?

One wire from the battery + pin inside the gripper to the switch. Then the other terminal on the switch goes to connector centre pin and the connector earth goes to the thread for the battery cap.

Hope that makes sense

One wire from the battery + pin inside the gripper to the switch. Then the other terminal on the switch goes to connector centre pin and the connector earth goes to the thread for the battery cap.

Hope that makes sense

yes that makes sense just need a steady hand now think i will replace the wire when i get into it
thanks for the info ocd13

No worries.
Iv done the same with replacement one I got because they are so easy to break lol
I used a 510 long connector in place of the little connector it comes with though and glued that on place so now I can use anything with it and not just an xl carto :)
Works great now

No worries.
Iv done the same with replacement one I got because they are so easy to break lol
I used a 510 long connector in place of the little connector it comes with though and glued that on place so now I can use anything with it and not just an xl carto :)
Works great now

cool might try the same with mine

Back
Top Bottom