What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Gap? What Gap?!!!!

Nelliescroggit

Postman
Well the stainless steel Smok Telescope arrived...£25 from ECigWiz using up my points.

Reason? Bad case of palpitations having to take my SuperT PP out every day with me!

So, a cheap, mechanical, work horse...yep I've just got a 'thing' about mechanical mods and most of my coils run at around 1 ohm.
Looks quite ok, button firing perfectly, two small 18650 batteries that just fit, so always one charged, couldn't be better.:hugs:

Uh oh.....gap, gaP, GAP, HUGE GAP with Kayfun and AGAs. Now it really shouldn't matter, it's a work horse, just to use out and about, I say it over and over, but IT DOES MATTER to me:17:Although the one thread visible on the body, bothers me not at all - well, there's nowt as strange as folk.

Do what I always do in times of crisis, coffee, vape, think. There has to be a simple solution, there has to be!......long time passes.....well, 5 minutes ish......seems much longer.....I've still got a few of those aluminium rings I used to sell at car boot sales.....

And unbelievably, found one that was a perfect fit. Doesn't look too bad IMO better than a gap! Problem solved, yippee!

I must say the auto focus has done strange things; the base section of the mod is wider than the AGA, same diameter as the Kayfun, so in 'real life' it looks a lot more balanced.

20mins later...Ps. No threads showing now, I was just being overly cautious!

Attachments

• DSC01025.jpg
    DSC01025.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 56
  • DSC01024.jpg
    DSC01024.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
Nice idea. Tbh the gap never bothered me but the threads showing with a 18650 do. That's why I use 18500's in it.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365093831.909606.jpg

This has been my go to device even over the Vamo. And SS is durable too :D

Nice idea. Tbh the gap never bothered me but the threads showing with a 18650 do. That's why I use 18500's in it.

This has been my go to device even over the Vamo. And SS is durable too :D

Yes, it was nice to lose the threads too! My 2 'short' 18650s are about 5mm shorter than the AW IC ones.

Great colour by the way!

ive got some nice shiny bits coming so was going to sell my sig telescope and few other bits to help fund it but the more i use it the more i think i might keep it :)

but yes im using agr's at the mo and apart from diff size head to base the gaps are pretty poor...good mod :)

ive got some nice shiny bits coming so was going to sell my sig telescope and few other bits to help fund it but the more i use it the more i think i might keep it :)

but yes im using agr's at the mo and apart from diff size head to base the gaps are pretty poor...good mod :)

Yes, so with regard to my PM, if you want a few 'rings' thrown in with the wick & tube, just let me know!

Hiya. On my telescope I use one of those ego plinths and it fits in just nicely. That's how I get rid of the gaps. And I also just use 18500 batteries on it.

Back
Top Bottom